Saturday 20 March 2010

Spring Flowers

Yey, it's the weekend! Hope you're all having a good one, we've got some early April showers here, I don't mind a bit though as it's doing my garden the world of good! My spring flowers are finally starting to bloom, so I used them as inspiration for a couple of cards...

This is Popcorn the Bear, and he's a very big bear! The stamp, as you can see on the piccy, took up almost all of my 5" square card. I've kept this really simple, just a few pearls as I wanted Popcorn to be the main focal point. He's coloured with Promarkers, oh I do love my Promarkers! I'm entering him into a few challenges... Allsorts "Spring is in the Air", Simon Says Stamp "A Splash of Green", Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge "Spring has Sprung" and By the Cute & Girly "Spring is in the Air". I'm loving all the yellows and greens, very Springlike!

Ok, my second card for today is one using a Penny Black image (sorry don't know the name), again coloured with Promarkers. I've used papers and the little border strip from The Creative Cottage, the pearls and ribbon (Artemio) are from my stash. I think this is a little plain, but I didn't know what else to add without it looking strange. It's for two challenges, Papertake Weekly Challenge which is "Lilac & Lemon" and A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge has "Easter" as their theme.

Well, it'll be bedlam in our house tonight with France playing England in the Six Nations... come on England! If we get beaten by France I'll never live it down!

11 comments:

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Both are gorgeous Shelly! Fantastic colouring!
Hugs
Nicola

Catherine said...

Hello Sweetie ! Your two cards are gorgeous Shellie ! I do love Popcorn the Bear too and you have coloured him to perfection ! Love the soft colour on your second card and the image is so cute ! Have a lovely saturday evening ! Hugs from Catherine + Hugs from Sukie (who is hunting in the rain... Cats !!!) to Reglisse !

Squirrel x said...

Both brilliant cards hun, your colouring on Popcorn is stunning and that little bun really made me smile. Hope you are ok. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Debs said...

Hi Shelly
Two gorgeous cards, especially liking the Teddy one - your colouring is superb.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Toneloni * Tonje said...

Oh so cute! Love the colors

Thanks for playing with us at A Spoon Full of Sugar

Hugs
Tonje

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful cards Shelly :-) I love the images and your colouring is perfect ,, lovely papers and embellies too :-)

thanks for joining the PTW Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Beverley said...

Shelly both cards are so adorable...the colours bright and clear...but my favorite is the bear with the flowers...great job...thanks for sharing...have a stampin' good day.

Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

pinky said...

Two beautiful cards and both a joy to look at. Lovely fresh spring colours and the images are adorable. Thanks for sharing at BTC&G
Pinky

flatis stempelwelt said...

Lovely colour combo,sweet image...
Thanks for joining us at a spoon full of Sugar...
Hugs, Sonja xx

Dena said...

I'm officially in love with your Popcorn the Bear card! He is huge, but soooooo adorable and your coloring is PERFECT!!! You showcased him just right!!!!
Thanks for joining Simon Says this week!!
Hugs, Dena