Friday 12 March 2010

Penny Black Friday

Hello! Wow, I can't believe I managed to stay off the net for a whole 24 hours! Well, as you can see it didn't last long, but I did do a card yesterday... I'll photograph it later and put it on my blog. In the meantime, I've done a card for Mother's Day with one of my new PB Slapstick stamps...
It's been a while since I used a PB stamp, and my hubby bought me this one recently so I thought it'd be perfect for my MD card... I have to say these new Slapstick stamps from Penny Black are great value for money... you get the BIG size stamp but it doesn't leave a whole in your pocket... they stamp just as well having the cling cushion behind the stamp and they take up lots less room. I still like the wooden stamps but these Slapsticks are fast becoming my fave PB stamps! As for the card, I'm thinking I may have overdone the flowers but it is for MD after all! The card is for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge where you have to make an easel card... these are great fun to make and look fabulous finished. If you haven't made one yet I have found a couple of good tutorials (in my side bar - scroll down) that might interest you. I'm also entering the card for the Cute Card Thursday Challenge "Celebrations"...what better thing to celebrate than MUMS! Here's what I used...
  • Penny Black Slapstick Stamp "you are the bestest"
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Colouring medium Promarkers
  • Sentiment Paper Make Up Stamps
  • SU Scalloped Round Punch
  • Paper 8x8 Flowery Pad Papermania
  • Prima Flowers
  • Pearls Quixotic Paperie
  • Ribbon/button/glitter from stash

Well, that's all for the time being... I shall be back later with another Penny Black card! Thanks for popping by!

POST UPDATED

As promised, here's the second card I've made using another of my new Penny Black Slapstick stamps, I just love this cute hedgehog and snail...

The stamp is called "garden visit"... I think it's soooo cute! I've coloured with Promarkers, I can't draw myself away from these now! The sentiment is from "Sentiments 2" set by Rachelle Anne Miller for Stampavie (these are gorgeous sentiment stamps), I won this set from Stampavie! The papers are My Minds Eye "Bloom & Grow". I've used the lovely sketch over at Sketch Saturday for this card, another one I'll use again I'm sure! I'm also entering this into the Passion for Promarkers challenge as I've used the colours "Bright Green & Mango" (amongst others) on the pot and grass. Finally the challenge at Stampavie & More is to use orange on your card. Well, thanks for taking the time to pop by, hope you all have a lovely weekend!

14 comments:

TesaB said...

This is adorable!!! Look at that cat! And wonderful flowers, love this!

Catherine said...

Wow ! What a gorgeous card Shelly ! It's so beautiful ! Love the image - so sweet - and all the little flowers ! Love it, love it, love it ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

craftymum said...

So glad you managed to follow my colour combo at PFP this week. I think a lot have found it difficult. A lovely card. I do like Penny Black hedgehogs!
Love sarah (GDT)

Tracy said...

Shelly these cards are just adorable i love them both but i especially love the easel card its stunning,
hope you have a fab weekend
Tracy x

Becky said...

Hi Shelly!
Just been catching up on all your cards sweetie... wow they are all amazing!!
Hoping you are feeling better now...
Love Becky xx

Deb said...

fabulous card, love the colours, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Squirrel x said...

Hi hun, sorry I've been such a terrible blogger lately - there just aren't enough minutes in a day sometimes. WOW! Both stunning cards hun - your easel is superb, you just gotta love the look on that cat's face, and your hedgehogs are so adorable. Great colours on both and amazing details. Have a great weekend sweetie. Vroom vroom. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Donna said...

Beautiful cards Shelly, the easel card is stunning with the stitching and perfect the way you have arranged the flowers :) Donna x

Giò said...

Beautiful cards both!!! There are fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at SAM challenge.

Hugs
Giò

Blue Daisy said...

both absolutely gorgeous - your layout and colouring are fab!

tracyx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shelly, what a pretty card. Love the cute PB image (didn't realise the slapstick stamps were so big!). Great layout and gorgeous papers. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Michele Roos said...

Oh such gorgeous cards Shelly. Love the colours you've used and the details also. Hugs Michele x

Anne H. said...

Your cards are gorgeous!
Adorable images and lovely details.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne:)

Valérie Goldenschue said...

Oh what a wonderful cards.

Beautiful image and beautiful colors

thanks for joining us at SAM