Wednesday 24 March 2010

Just Resting My Eyes

Good evening... this is my second post today, scroll down if you would like to see my DT card for The Creative Cottage Challenge, thanks!

Now, any of you recognise this little quote? I have to say I was in stitches when I saw this on a new Papermania stamp set... this has got to be one of my dad's all time favourite sayings! My hubby bought me these new stamps by Papermania recently... this set 'A Man's World' series and is called 'Couch Potato', it has some great little sentiments and images (both sentiment and image are from this set) . I stamped the quote then hand drew the speech bubble around it. I've used the sketch over at Friday Sketchers, I think it goes well with the papers which are Basic Grey 'Archaic'. I thought I'd do a bit of paper piecing with the same papers, a technique I don't do often but I really like the results! I'm entering the following challenges: ABC Challenge Q is for Quote (my dad's fave), Friday Sketchers - Claudia's fab sketch and Fab 'n Funky Challenge 'All In The Technique' (my techniques are paper piecing and colouring with markers).
Well, hubby is watching the footie... I would join him had it been Newcastle playing but instead I'll pop into my craftroom for a little play! Have a lovely evening ;)

19 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi Shelly,
I love your card!! fab quote and image, What stamp did you use??
Lovely layout and colours too.

Vicky xx

Lindsey said...

Hi Shelly,
How are things on your side of the channel? Still in hiding after the rugby?!
That is a brilliant card, I have real trouble doing cards for men but you've got it nailed!
Lindsey xx

Tracy said...

this is fabulous Shelly love that image and the papers you have used.
hope you have had a great day
hugs
Tracy x

Grenouille Greetings said...

It was one of my Dad's favourite sayings too! Great layout and fab paperpiecing although I have to say that my father would be turning in his grave at the thought of wearing those trousers! Lovely card! Warmest wishes, Lesley

andrea said...

love everything about this card,gorgeous colours and fab image and sentiment thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

Ginny said...

my kids say that all the time, fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF, Ginny :0)

Irena said...

Super cute picture, it really affects men and their excuses:)
Colors you used are very good:)

Irena

Teri said...

Fab card hun! Yep my hubby uses that one, as did his father!
Hugs,
Teri x

debby4000 said...

Oh Shelly what a wonderful card, fun image and fab colours.
luv
Debby

Catherine said...

Oh I LOVE it Shelly ! What a cool cool card perfect for "those" men !!! They are so difficult to make a card for !!! Love the papers too... You rock Lady ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Sandie said...

oh I love this card. It reminds me so much of my dad. This was one of his favourite quotes, along with 'I'm only checking the insides of my eyelids'. Thanks for the happy memory :) and thanks for joining us on ABC Challenges.

Sharon said...

Fabulous masculine card, and the saying gave me a smile.
Also, thanks for your nice comment on my House Mouse challenge card. It is appreciated.
stampin' hugs,
Sharon
aka Celticrafter

Beverley said...

Shelly what an adorable card...it bought back wonderful memories of my mom...she would always say that she wasn't sleeping...she was just resting her eyes...lol...I love the colours and the wonderful DP...thanks for the sweet comments on my blog...and thanks for sharing this cute card...have a stampin' good day.

Stampin' HUGZ
Beverley

Helen said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x

Lou Sims said...

Georgeous - great favourite technique to have too. Many thanks for joining in with "Fab'n'Funky" challenges.

Lou
x

pescbrico said...

J'imagine que tous les papas sont pareil!!! Mon père dit ça tout le temps aussi :) LOL Superbe ta carte!

Juls said...

Just brilliant!! Love the image!! and such a fab combo of papers!! Hugs Juls

Debbie said...

A fabulos mns card Shelly! great papers and I love the image and quote...they would be perfect for someone I know! LOL
Hugs
Debbie x

Cathy said...

Fab man's card. Thank you for joining in the ABC Challenge this time.
Cathy xx