Tuesday 16 March 2010

Handmade Paper Flowers

Hi! Today I've had a go at making some DIY flowers... they took a little while to do but I think they're kinda cute! For each flower I stamped a flower image 3 times (I chose one that was fairly easy to cut out), then I coloured each with Distress inks and cut them out. I curled each petal with my paper folder tool (like you would do with curling ribbon) and added glitter glue. Finally I layered them up and added little brads for the centres. Voila!

My card is for the Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge where you have to make your own flowers... I've used the cute Wags 'n Whiskers stamp "Budding Artists", coloured with Promarkers. The paper is K & Co and the sentiment stamp is from Rachelle Anne Miller for Stampavie (Sentiments 2 set). The little piece of lace was given to me by my FIL and is french vintage lace that my hubby's gran had. I'm also entering my card into the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge "Anything Goes" and also the CRAFT Challenge as the theme is Citrus... funny but my card reminds me of blood oranges!

14 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Shelly. Your card is fabulous sweetie. Love the colours and that beautiful image. I love those cute flowers, would you mind if I had a go at making some, they really are sweet. Happy crafting my friend.
Love Sandra xx
PS, feel like I have neglected you lately, unintentional. Love Sandra xx

Catherine said...

What a gorgeous card Sweetie ! I adore the image (so sweet !) and your flowers are wonderful ! Love the lace too, it complements the paper so well ! Hugs and Smiles from Catherine

Rhonda Miller said...

Beautiful card. I love your flowers.

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Your flowers look amazing shelly!
It's a fabulous card, I love the sweet image!
Hugs
Nicola

Lindsey said...

Lovely! Those flowers are great. Love the colours and adore the image.
Lindsey x

Suzi Mac said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers and your image. Your hand made flowers are beautiful. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week, good luck in the draw. Suzi xx

Trimgym said...

Great card, image and colours and beuatiful handmade flowers. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Michele Roos said...

WOW!! Love your gorgeous card Shelly!. Thanks for joining us this week at WnW. Hugs Michele x

Lisa Jane said...

your flowers are gorgeous Shelly. Beautiful card
Lisa ;)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Shelly!! Love your paper, colors, shading and coloring paired with the stunning flowers and lace! Great take on the Wags n Whiskers image. Thanks for joining us this week!

Sharon Caudle said...

What a beautiful card, Shelly!! I love that image and your coloring and colors are fantastic! Fabulous!
hugs!
Sharon

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Shelly, you colouring is gorgeous and I love your fabulous flowers,
Have a wonderful weekend,
Hugs, Nikki x

Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps

pescbrico said...

Je suis d'accord que ces fleurs sont plutôt jolies!! Tes cartes sont superbes! Merci de les partager avec nous :)

Tracy said...

this is so pretty Shelly, that image is just so sweet and i love those flowers. fabulous!!!
Tracy x