Sunday 21 March 2010

Birthday Cake Anya but no cake!

Good evening blogging friends! Just a quick hello as I'm taking my usual seat for "Dancing on Ice" in a little while, but I wanted to share with you a card I made for the challenge over at Quixotic Challenges... Altered Anya & Friends...


This is Birthday Cake Anya... but there's no cake! Has she ate it? Nope, I've altered her so that she's just plain Anya with no cake! That's the challenge... you have to alter a stamped image. Basically I didn't ink up the part of the stamp where the cake was (right side of her head), and I drew in the details to match the left side (you can see where my lines are a bit wobbly). I've also added a little sweetie button to her hairband. The papers are from a Dovecraft 6x6 pad, ribbon is Doodlebug and the sentiment is Artemio (it reads "I'm thinking of you"). Anya is coloured with Promarkers.

What happened to England last night? Flipping heck... I've had to keep a low profile today 'cos someone was bound to rub my nose in the fact that we got beat by France in the 6 Nations! Obviously hubby was chuffed! Oh well, better luck next year!Thanks so much for popping by, have a lovely Sunday evening!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hi Shelly,
Love those colours and the layout is great too. You've done a really good job of altering Anya, I can't even tell that there are any wobbly lines!
Lindsey. xx
Ps. Good luck with keeping a low profile!

pescbrico said...

Oh j'aime tellement le "bonbon" dans ses cheveux! :) Superbe carte! :)

Catherine said...

Hello Sweetie ! What an adorable card ! You clever girl, you altered the image so well it's impossible to tell you have changed it ! Love your colouring of the hair : wow wow wow !!! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Unknown said...

Hi Shelly! Love your altered anya! This is one of my fave images for sure! Thanks so much for playing along with us in our altered anya challenge at Quixotic! Hugs, Rowena

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wonderful sweetie head band Shelly. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Altered Anya challenge. Kim