Monday 22 March 2010

Cupcake Craft Challenge #83 Food & Drink

Bonjour mes amis! Ah ha... that got your brains working a bit harder on a Monday morning! Oo la la! He he he... just playing! Another Monday, another Cupcake Craft Challenge! This week the theme has been chosen by the lovely Liza, can you guess what it is from my card? It's "FOOD & DRINK"... something that the French are VERY good at lol! When I first came to France I couldn't believe how many HOURS the French spent at the table everyday... for lunch us Brits are content with a quick sandwich, but oh no that's unheard of in France, here they virtually have a five course meal! And the women still stay skinny...aaarrgh! Well unfortunately this regime didn't work for me :(

Anyhow, back to the challenge... we'd love to see anything related to food & drink on your creations this week! We have a super sponsor this week, Cupcake Card Craft,
who are kindly offering one lucky winner £10.00 worth of digi products from their store! My fellow Design Team girls have made some fab cards this week, sure to provide you will lots of inspiration... just click here to see what they've come up with.

My card has been inspired by my french connections, but mainly because I received the little giraffe stamp a few weeks back and hadn't inked him up. I also used some French words stamps to make the little bit of paper behind Lofty... here's what else I used...
  • Lofty The Giraffe stamp & accessories (Joanna Sheen)
  • Colouring medium - Promarkers
  • French words stamps
  • Red & blue paper - Little Monkeys Pirate Adventure Digi Kit -The Creative Cottage
  • Stampin Up Scalloped circle punch
  • Woodware round punch
  • Ribbon from stash

I've used Debbi's sketch from the Passion For Promarkers challenge, so shall enter my card and the challenge at Creative Card Crew is "Going Dotty" so will enter that challenge too (dotty papers). Thanks for popping by today, and don't forget to have a go at the Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! We're looking forward to seeing your yummy creations!

7 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shelly, what a stunning card. I love the cute images and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Catherine said...

Hello Sweetie ! J'adore ta carte Shelly ! I love everything about it... I really had a laught when I saw it, it's EXCELLENT ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Wiccababe said...

what a fabulously fun card - and great interpretation of the sketch
thanks for joining us at pfp this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Shelly, sweet image and perfect colours.
luv
Debby

Pretty-In-Ink said...

He is fabulous Shelly! I love your fun french themed card!
Stunning colouring and shading as always too!
Hugs
Nicola

Donna said...

Hi Shelly, I love what you have done with this card, so much thought and effort has gone into it...LOL at your story about French mealtimes, they would do nothing for my waistline either lol!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wonderful work - love the image and the beautiful coloring on him. Great job on the "dotty" challenge! So happy you could have fun with us this week at the Creative Card Crew.