Thursday 18 September 2008

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Male card - No Blue

The challenge this week at Penny Black Saturday Challenge is to do a man's card without any blue, which was a bit tricky for me as I don't really have any dp with a male theme/colour scheme (shall put it on my shopping list). I always make girly cards, and whenever there's a male birthday I struggle cos' somehow I don't think pink or lilac is appropriate! So I used red and silver and ran the silver mirri card through my Cuttlebug. The card is for my father-in-law's birthday next week, he's french so hope he likes it. It reads "to your health...Happy Birthday"...



I used:
Penny Black 12 days of Christmas clear set
Watercolour Paints
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Swiss Dots
Black & White paper from Pink Petticoat CD
Text was hand written using Whispers marker fine tip
Ribbon, buttons etc from stash

Thanks for dropping in, I really value all your comments!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

What a great card. x

Diane.W. said...

Hi Shelly! Luv this card,great ideas :o)x

Kath Stewart said...

oh this is just too cute - love the fab image and the red and black colour combo - perfect for a male card and thanks for playing along again this week at PBSC
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Tara said...

Brill card using one of my fave PB images, Ooh La La! xx

Beth said...

I love it! The colour scheme is great and the stamp is fab! Thanks for joining in!