Sunday 7 September 2008

Three Challenges in Two!

Good morning all! I've just had a lazy Sunday morn, lie-in, cuppa, bit of telly and now for a quick half hour blogging! It feels great! The downfall is I have to go to work later so I'll savour the moment! Enough waffle, this weeks challenge at Penny Black Saturday Challenge is "one for the girls", and as I've used Penny Black on both cards I think either could qualify for this challenge. On the lilac card I've used sketch #15 from Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog, which I love, but as I don't have a circle cutter I had to draw around objects and then cut them out with a steady hand (after a glass or two of wine last night no probs!) I think the lilac card could have done with some lace around the image circle but as I don't have any (something I must buy - online shopping trip in order - anyone know of a good online craft supplier for lace?), I had to ink the edges instead. Finally the pink card is also for another fab challenge blog I discovered yesterday called Our Creative Corner, the theme is "laugh it up"...



I used:
Penny Black Ballerina (Bubbly Clear Set)
Penny Black Arrangement (Bear)
Pink Gingham paper - Rayher
Lilac paper - Dovecraft
Sentiments - Paper Mania & Three Bugs in a Rug
Distress Inks
Cuttlebug Paisley Embossing Folder
Rest from stash

Thanks for taking a look, have a relaxing Sunday!

19 comments:

tracie said...

oh wow gorgeous cards Shelly, love the lilacs on the SS - so pretty !! And of course the pink is my fav - both so cute - great work hun.
Thanks for joining in on both PBSC + SS :)x

SCRAP DIDI said...

beautiful card !!!

LOUISE said...

Love your cards Shelly, definately very Girly, love the colours. Louise x

Kath Stewart said...

2 gorgeous cards and either fits the challenge this week - love the papers and fab colour work on your image....I buy my lace by the metre from john lewis...don't know if you have one near you..thanks for joining us at PBSC this week
Love
Kath
xxxx

Cindy Haffner said...

Your cards are sweet, sweet, sweet.

Dawn Easton said...

Adorable cards! Love pink! Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC!

Kath Stewart said...

silly moi...but you must have some lovely little haberdashery shops...I can't believe you can't find lace in France....let me know if you find the sweetest little old lady in a tiny shop selling lace for pennies
Love
Kath
xxxx

Sue said...

awww this is lovely,great colours and cute image...so pretty:)

sue
xx

Diane.W. said...

2 very luvly cards & really pretty details :o)x

Debbie said...

Beautiful cards Shelly. Love them both. Pretty girly colours. Your life sounds ideallic...lie in..whats that? Haha. Thanks for joinng us this week at Sketch Saturday. Debbie x

PS. I buy lace by the metre but to save time you could buy paper lace doileys from here: http://www.ekmpowershop3.com/ekmps/shops/ribbonbox/paper-lace-packs-348-p.asp

Gill said...

Great card, love the pretty lilac paper and your cute image, thanks for joining us this week
Gill x

Murielle said...

Great card, Shelly, love the papers and colours you have used. All the details are great too. Love also your colouring.
Hugs, Mumur

katy said...

Hi Shelly, how are you doing? Love all your latest cards,just gorgeous xx

Bev said...

Fabulous cards Shelly, just love that little bar - the colours on the card are so pretty

hugs Bev x

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is so cute! love the layout

Sandra said...

Hi Shelly,two beautiful cards,love them both,lovely cute images and coloured in perfectly,brilliant,
Take care
Sandra x

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous cards and kudos for the hand cut circle! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! Hugs Jeanette

COCO said...

pretty card's !!!
thanks for participation!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

I'm so glad you found the OCC challenge blog and got a chance to play along! Both of your cards are fantastic! Love your style!!