Sunday 28 September 2008

Bring back summer!

I'm having a great day today, and the sun is shining high in the cloudless blue sky outside! Bring back summer!!! I've made a card with a summery theme, it's for a combination of two challenges. The Penny Black Saturday Challenge this week is "Seasons", I've gone for summer as I thought lots of people will be doing autumn and winter, hence the yellow. I've used one of my fav Penny Black little bears, he's just so versatile. The other challenge is a sketch, #21 by Mumur over at Friday Sketchers, which I think is great as it's not too complicated so didn't take me hours to do. I'll definately use this sketch again, maybe try some Christmas cards with it...


I used:

Penny Black Stamp "Arrangement"
"Merci" stamp from stash
Whispers brush markers to colour image
Papers are from Paper Mill Shop and Paper Mania
Distress Ink (Old Paper) to distress edges
Buttons, flowers, ribbon from stash

18 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful card and such lovely bright summery colours, like your distressed paper!

Diane.W. said...

Luvly & pretty :o)x

Natalie said...

Gorgeous, I love the yellow. x

ella bella said...

beautiful card love the papers and colours you have used and the image is so sweet.
hugs
Tracy x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card for the challenge Shelly and I love the summery feel..gorgeous yellow, cute image and those pretty daisies..great work and thanks for playing along this week at PBSc..enjoy the rest of your weekend
Hugs
Kath
xxxx

Murielle said...

You card is fabulous!!!
Love colours and details used.
Lovely image.
You have interpreted the sketch beautifully.
Thanks for your participation FS.
hugs, Mumur

Heidi said...

Your card is so beautiful.
Love all the details and the colors.
Thank you for taking part in FS challenge

Hugs from
Heidi

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Lovely bright and happy colors, the image is very cute. Thanks for playing along in this weeks PBSC ~ Jovi

Unknown said...

A fabulous card - great colours

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the yellow and of course the cute teddy!
Carole ;-)

debby4000 said...

fabulous card, love the sunny colours and cute image.

Annie said...

lovely summery colours on this card and such an adorable teddy bear image. hugs, annie x

Unknown said...

oh what a funny and soooo cute card. love it!!!

darcy48 said...

Hi Shelly your mackem buddy here love your card lovely summer coloursx

Beth said...

This is fab and goes great with the sketch, I love the colours too! Thanks for joining in this week! xx

Vicki said...

what a lovely bright 'n' cheery card Shelly and such a cutie image.

Huge thanks again for that gorgeous e-mail card you sent me, I love it, have given you a mention of my blog too. (((hugs))) xx vicki xx

The Crafty Den said...

What a lovely bright card, just what we need in windy wet blighty. Lots of love, Denise x

Murielle said...

Elle est magnifique ta carte et l'image aussi!!
Trés belle combinaison de papiers.
En France , tu peux trouver les tampons Magnolia sur le site: La Fée du scrap.
Bonne journée!
Bises, Mumur