Saturday 5 September 2009

Girly and Glittery for Paige


The theme for this week's Passion for Promarkers challenge is "Girly and Glittery", you can use any colour PMs which is great for me as I don't have all the colours. I've had this hippo image for a while, it was a RAK from a kind friend, and I just thought she looked all sad and lonely so decided to bring her to life. I'm not sure what I was thinking with the corners, but lets say it was a little experiment. Here's what I used:

*Promarkers (Cool Grey 1 & 2, Pastel Yellow, Blossom, Cornflower & Meadow Green)
*Paper - Stampin' Up "Tea Party"
*Sentiment - Cuddly Buddly
*SU Round Scallop Punch
*Rest is from my stash

I've added glitter to my cutie hippo, and also to highlight the paper. Hope you like her, I think she passes for the challenge!

I'm posting this card out to Paige, the little girl I mentioned in my last post who has lost her arm in a horrid accident. Don't forget if you can spare a card to help cheer Paige up you cand find all the info on Erin's blog HERE. Thank you :)

I was really pleased to see that I've won the prize over at Penny Black Saturday Challenge today, a lovely PB stamp will be finding a new home here soon!

10 comments:

Wiccababe said...

fab card Shelly - I love the corners
thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
Debbi
xxx

Caryn said...

Very pretty, I love the image (reminds me of my mum!!!)
Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Suzanne said...

This is so sweet love the image. Thank you for joining us at PFP this week. Sue :o)

Natalie said...

Gorgeous card Shelly. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card Shelly. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shelly, what a gorgeous card. I love the hippo image and the colour scheme you've used is so yummy. I think the corners look fab and very original. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x
ps hope you are ok, will speak soon.

Erin... said...

oh this is so cute!!! what a fun image!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Shelly wow what a stunning card hunny i love the papers and the image you've used. Such a cute hippo!! have a lovely afternoon hugs Linda x

debby4000 said...

oh what a cute card, wonderful sweet image.
luv
Debby

Alex said...

Such a cute card! I love the image!
Hugs, Alex