Wednesday 30 September 2009

Autumn Colours

Hi! My card today is on the theme of autumn, although due to the sun we're having here I've used my new Stampavie stamp with a sunflower...


The image is from Stampavie, it was one of my birthday pressies, coloured with my new Promarkers and the paper is Basic Grey. The flower is layered using several Prima flowers. I've also added buttons (for a change), jute string and a little butterfly charm to finish off. The card is for two challenges, Stampavie Design Team Blog challenge (Autumn theme) and also Cupcake Craft Challenges (the theme is Cute As A Bug).

Well the sun is shining here, despite the fact that I've been doing the Rain Dance! I know, it's lovely to see the sun but we haven't had rain since the beginning of July (unless you count one little shower we had about a month back). Everything in the garden is looking really dry, and to save the trees from dying we're having to water them too! I dreading my next water bill! Hopefully with the start of autumn we'll get some of the precious wet stuff (if only we could do a swap with the UK, a bit of sun for a bit of rain).

Well, better go and tidy my craftroom, looks like a bomb's dropped on it!!!

11 comments:

Neenie said...

Gorgeous card, Shelly! Love the fabby image and your great colours/layout.Good to know that you're still getting sunshine where you are.x :D

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fabulous card, love the cute little image and the flower looks fab. Love the colour combo and layout.
Lyndsey xx

Donna said...

Fantastic card Shelly, love the cute little butterfly charm! Thanks for playing along with this weeks bug challenge at Cupcake :) Donna x

Stephanie said...

Oh how cute is this Shelly, thanks for playing along at CCC this week.. I need to get that stamp!

Squirrel x said...

Oh Shelly, this card is to die for! It's just gorgeous hun - the image is unbearably cute, your colouring of it is brilliant, and I love the layout and the details. Simply great. Squirrel xx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Shelly. Lovely gorgeous colours and the image is just perfect.
Love Sandra x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable, love the sweet image and fab embossing.
luv
Debby

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shelly, what a stunning card. I love the cute image and your colouring is awesome. Fab colour scheme and love all the details. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

brenda said...

Hi Shelly

Wonderful Autum colours and perfect image. Some great work on your blog.

B x

Pop's Cards said...

This is just gorgeous i love the colours you have used, really cute bug too, thanks for joining us at Cupcake hugs pops x x

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is just gorgeous!! Love the pretty coloring and details!! HUGS