Sunday 21 February 2010

Time Flies...

When you're having fun! It's been a whole week since I've done any blogging or crafting! I've had a surprise visit from my family, which was lovely, so I've had no spare "me" time this past week. My guests have left now (sob sob - I can't believe how the time has flown, I miss my family lots, living in a different country makes any time we spend together precious) so I've made a little card this afternoon to keep my mind off things. This one is using some of my new stamps from Kraftin Kimmie... I'm loving these quirky little characters...

This little lady is called "Genevieve" from Kraftin Kimmie, isn't she gorgeous! The sentiment is also a stamp from the same range. I've created a little scene by adding a hand drawn plane in the background (quite proud of myself lol) as the challenge over at Kraftin Kimmie is to "Create a Scene" and also use two stamps. I've also followed the colours from the Colour Create challenge which are "Red, White/Off White, Chocolate & Pink". Here's more details...


  • Stamp "Genevieve" Moonlight Whispers Collection, Kraftin Kimmie Stamps
  • Sentiment Stamp from same range by Kraftin Kimmie
  • Colouring Promarkers
  • Paper "Sugared" Basic Grey
  • Ribbon Bazzil Basics
  • Heart Brad from stash

Well, I'm off to watch a bit of Dancing on Ice, be back tomorrow with my DT card for the new Cupcake Craft Challenge! Have a lovely, cosy evening!


8 comments:

Di said...

wow this is an awesome card, worth waiting for. the image is just gorgeous!
Thanks for joining Colour Create this week!

Hugs Di xx
p,s i have candy on my blog [please scroll down you dont have to do anything just add your name.

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Love this card Shelly!! And I thought the plane in the background was actually a stamp--well done you!! I love this image and you have coloured her beautifully! Nice layout too...
:) Sarah

Nana Diana said...

I love what you have done with Genevieve and the background looks beautiful!! Great job, thanks for playing along.

Andrea Murdock said...

that's so nice to hear of your suprise family visit. xoxo. I love your card and your handdrawn plane is perfect. thanks for playing along with us at KK stamps :)

Louby said...

Great card - and wow you drew the plane yourself - I can't draw thats why I stamp!!! Sounds like you had a lovely family week too.
Louby x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning shelly, wow you've been so busy since my last visiti with so many gorgeous cards, i am loving them all! hope your well hunny and having a good week so far. Im watching craft day, but so far sitting on my hands!!!! hugs to you Linda x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What a fantastic card! Loving that new stamp too; you've coloured her beautifully.
Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Mina said...

shes great Shelly, gorgeous card...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx
p.s. now you have joined in the challenge you can join in my candy for Colour create the link is at the top of my blog