Friday 26 February 2010

In Distress...Sarah Kay that is!

Ok, hands up all of you who watched even the tiniest bit of Craft Day on QVC this week (I'm sticking my hand up)... to be honest I rarely watch craft on TV as I find some of the demos rushed (especially on QVC)... they're more interested in selling their product than showing people how to use it. But hey, didn't stop me tuning in a bit to watch Tim Holtz. I only have one of his products... Distress Inks... but I haven't used them for AGES! So you could say he's inspired me to get them out for a little play, hence my card...

I followed the sketch from Sketch Saturday, and have gone with the theme from Simon Says Stamp "Vintage with Flowers". I'm also just in time to enter the February challenge at By the Cute & Girly which is "Love". I'm not sure if there's a bit too much distressing going on, but I kinda like it! The little Sarah Kay stamp is one I won from Stampavie recently, isn't she pretty? I think this has to be one of my fave SK stamps (well I only have two lol)!!!
  • Stamp "Lucy with Kitten" Sarah Kay for Stampavie
  • Colouring Promarkers/Distress Inks (Old Paper & Frayed Burlap)
  • Papers 6x6 Isabella Pad, K & Co
  • Sentiment Stamp, Woodware Tiny Phrases
  • Flowers Prima
  • Charm, Bunny Zoe's Crafts
  • Brads, lace from stash

So it's almost the weekend again, don't the weeks just seem to fly by! Thanks so much for popping by today, I appreciate all the lovely comments I receive from you!

11 comments:

Pretty-In-Ink said...

This is soooooo beautiful Shelly!
Your colouring is amazing! xx

Squirrel x said...

Beautiful work hun, and yes, an adorable image. I'm so envious of your fab distressing - mine always looks more "traumatised" LOL! Hugs, Squirrel xx

Beryl said...

Not too much distressing at all. The whole card has a lovely soft look to it and your colouring with Distress inks is awsome. A beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing it with us at By the Cute and Girly.
Beryl xx

Catherine said...

Hello Sweetie ! Wow ! Your card is GORGEOUS ! Love the distressed look (Tim would be proud of you !!!) and the colours are so soft and sweet... Your colouring is fab too ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine + Hugs from Sukie to Reglisse !

Juls said...

how beautiful! Love the gorgeous soft colours and the gorgeous distressed feel you have created! Thanks for joining us at BTC&G!

Louby said...

Love the card - you've done a brilliant job on the distressing. I can't seem to get the hang of it....Lol at watching QVC - I recorded the Tim Holtz hour but haven't watched it yet...looks like I should.
Louby x

Jo Nevill said...

Such a beautiful card with a gorgeous image and papers.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Jo and the Simon Says Challenge DT x

pinky said...

This is just gorgeous, I love my distress inks, they are pretty addictive. thanks for sharing at BTC&G this month.
Pinky

Donna said...

Your card is so pretty Shelly and the soft pastel colours are perfect...fab distressing and such a sweet cat charm :) Donna x

Iris said...

Your card is absolut gorgeous, love the cute image and the vintage / distressed look.

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge.

Hugs
Iris

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Shelly, love the sweet image and the fab papers.
luv
Debby