Thursday 11 February 2010

Charming!

Good evening! Firstly I have to say I haven't been the best blogger this week... sorry if I haven't visited you but I really haven't been on the computer much... or done any crafting for that matter! Sometimes we need a little time out!

However... I have done one card... it's for the Wags 'n Whiskers challenge which is "Charming"... the W & W team would like to see some metal on your project. Here's my interpretation...

I've used "Bear Hug" stamp from Wags 'n Whiskers, coloured with Promarkers. I have to say I think she's sweet as a red head! The papers are Basic Grey "Cupcake", the sentiment is part of a Penny Black stamp (You are in my heart & thoughts), ribbon is Papermania and the border is done with my MS punch. The metal elements are the heart charm (from Bunny Zoe's Crafts) and the little paw brads I found in my stash.

I've also used the recipe from Totally Papercrafts Challenge " 3 embellishments (ribbon, charm, brads) , 2 papers and 1 image.

Finally there's a fantastic challenge over at Brenda's blog to make a card with the theme of "Moving"... this can also be interpreted by a moving object on your creation so I've chosen to add this sweet heart charm. The challenge is to celebrate the recent move of Sir Stampalot to larger premises, and they're offering some super prizes!

It's totally freezing here... hope you're all wrapped up warm! Have a cosy evening!

18 comments:

pickle said...

Oh wow your colouring on this is outstanding
Kerry x

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Such a SWEET card Shelly! I especially love the paw print brads!! Your colouring is amazing too!!
:)Sarah

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Shelly, wow hunny what a totally stunning card, just loving that image and those colours you've used, very pretty! hope your well enjoy your weekend hunny hope you get time to craft. Hugs Linda x

CraftyC said...

Oh Shelly, this is gorgeous!
Clairex

Emma said...

Aw adorable card Shelly, love the image and colours.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
Hugs Emma x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

I love your colouring Shelly and the colours and details are fabulous,
Hugs,
Nikki x
Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shelly I agree we all need a little time out now and again and you are obviously refreshed because this is one very beautiful card I adore the image you have used your colouring is gorgeous and love the added charm which fits in with our Moving challenge perfectly thank you for joining us
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sally H said...

Very Pretty! Thanks for joining in the hop and good luck in the draws!

brenda said...

Hi Shelly

A really pretty card, lovely colouring and matching DP's.

Thank you so much for sharing withus at our Stampalot challenge and good luck with the draws.

B x

chris said...

Wow this is something else I love it.
good luck in the sir stampalot draws love chris xx

pinky said...

Adorable little card Shelly. Thanks for joining in the moving challenge and good luck in the draws.
Pinky

Tracy said...

Great card, really cute, thanks for joining the challenge and hop. Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Shelly.
This is adorable and your colouring is brilliant.
Thank you for joining in with the special Sir Stampalot challenge.
Clare x

Sir Stampalot said...

Shelly, this is lovely. Very creative with the use of the punch for the one photo corner anchor. Love it - well done.
Thanks for taking part in the Sir Stampalot Challenge,we wish you the best of luck
happy crafting.
- janicex

Sharon Caudle said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Your coloring is just gorgeous! Love this card! Thanks so much for joining us at Wag 'n Whiskers! hugs!

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Shelly. Love the way you've coloured in the adorable image and details also. Thanks for joining us this week at WnW. Hugs Michele x

Crissy Armstrong said...

Gorgeous colouring job, wow! This one pops off the page! I love it!

Lacey Stephens said...

What a fantastic card! I love the paw print brads!! Thanks for playing along with the Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge! We have a fun and easy one this week...Favorites!! We hope you can play along again!
~Lacey
Wags 'n Whiskers