Thursday 25 February 2010

Hello again! When will Spring arrive? It's so miserable here today, pouring with rain and dull! You even have to put the lights on indoors during the day, it's THAT dull! Anyway, I've done a couple of cards, the first one is in the hope that Spring arrives soon!

This little bunny stamp is from Penny Black (one of the older ones I believe - not sure of the details as it was a RAK from my kind friend Louby a while back). I've coloured with Promarkers (Baby Pink & Tulip Yellow mainly) so I'm entering this in the Passion For Promarkers Challenge this week (you also have to use stitching so I've stitched the button onto my bow). Last week my card was chosen in the Top 5 - how great is that!!! Also the Penny Black Saturday Challenge would like to see the colours Pink, Yellow & Green on your creations... so my card fits there too! Finally the challenge at Stamp Something is "A touch of Spring Somethings"...what could be more Spring than these lovely colours and cute bunny with Spring flowers?!

My second card is a Christmas one, I have to force myself to make this as I'm not really in the jolly Christmas spirit at the moment. It's for the challenge at Wags n' Whiskers, which is to use you favourite things. I'm not sure about this card, it's a little dull and plain, but I have added lots of my fave things... Sweet Danni & Bella stamp, Promarkers, charm, ribbon, pearls, MS punch...
Well, that's all for now, don't forget to check my previous post about the new Creative Cottage Challenge blog, and the super candy up for grabs!

12 comments:

Catherine said...

Hello Sweetie ! Your two cards are gorgeous : one for spring and one for winter ! Love the fresh and soft colours of the spring one and your Christmas card is so pretty... Love the embellishments... Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Louby said...

Hiya shelley - love what you've done with the bunny. Very cute card. I've never thought of doing the bunny in a colour other than browny bunny colour....doh!!! Your Christmas card is great, I know what you mean about not being in the jolly Christmas mood though and who can blame us with the dull dull weather.Hope the sun shines for you soon.
Louby x

Tracy said...

Both really lovely cards, i love that cute bunny image. Thanks for taking my PfP challenge, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous cards shelly and I adore that cute bunny.......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx

Pretty-In-Ink said...

They are both so cute Shelly!
I love the cute bunny, the spring colours are really fab and I love the bow and button!
The Christmas one is fab too, it's good to start them early!
Hugs
Nicola

Unknown said...

Oooo these are so lovely! Especially love the Christmas card-that image is lovely! Hugs, Rowena

Jeanette said...

Both cards are so sweet and way to go getting ahead of the game for Christmas!
Thanks for joining us this week at the Wags 'n Whiskers Challenge! Hugs Jeanette :)

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous cards Shelly. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Lacey Stephens said...

These are both beautiful cards!! I think your WnW card is fabulous!!
Thank you so much for playing along with us last week!! We have another fun challenge this week...free style (anything goes)!! I hope you can play along again!
~Lacey
Wags 'n Whiskers Co-owner/DT

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shelly, another two amazing cards. Great Christmas card (you're getting organised I see!) and your bunny card is so sweet. Lovely colouring and the embossed background is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Sharon Caudle said...

Your bunny card is adorable and I really love your Christmas card! Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers and hope you join us again this week!
hugs!
Sharon

Suzanne said...

Hi Shelly two very sweet cards love your image on the PFP entry thanks for joining us this week Sue :o)