Monday 30 January 2012

Smile... it's Monday!

When I was younger I was a Garfield fan and I can remember his catchphrase "I hate Mondays!",  well I can relate to that... the weekend comes to an end so Mondays aren't on my list of favourite things... well until I found out about Cupcake Craft Challenge that is! And being part of the Design Team means I get to play along every week!!! So maybe Mondays aren't so bad afterall?!

Well when I saw this image from Bugaboo Stamps (Cheshire Cat) it just reminded me of Garfield... and as Bugaboo are one of our sponsors this week, the DT were offered an image so my choice was the cat... obviously! The challenge chosen by fab Faye is to RECYCLE something... so I saved the tag and string from a recent purchase of mine (yes I did the sales) and used it on my card. I dug out this sentiment which reads "Wonderful Smile" in French, just perfect for the image me thinks? The papers are K & Co and I used Promarkers to colour.

Ok, two fabulous sponsors this week at Cupcake, Bugaboo Stamps who are offering 7 digital images to the winner, and Creations by AR who are giving away 2 templates from their online shop!

Right, the other DT girls have done a great job of recycling.... so pop over to the Cupcake blog to check out their efforts... and we love reading your comments so please take a minute to leave some love!

Shelly x

13 comments:

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable, cute card Shelly
luv
Debby

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

It's gorgeous Shelly, I like the fun cat and the details.

Have a wonderful week.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Catherine said...

Oh Shelly your card is ADORABLE ! One of my fav images from Bugaboo - yes I've got it ! - and I love the use of the tag ! Great creation as always ! Have a lovely week my friend ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Lau W said...

hihiii ! J'adore ta carte Shelly ! Elle me donne le sourire pour le reste de la journée ! Il est marrant ce minet ! C'est vraiment une belle création, bravo mon amie !
Bisous très frais, l'hiver est là !

having a {me} day said...

Hi Shelly I love that card with the cute adorable cheshire cheese cat! That looks like a fabby tag too! Think I might need to buy the top you bought to get the tag! I have a few tags I've kept to recycle and never even thought to use this time, doh. keeleyxx

Scrap Affair said...

Ok, YOU did made me smile!)))) What a fun and fab card!!! It's not even possible NOT to fall in love with it!!!
Hugs
Nadia

Louise said...

Hi Shelly super card and the image definitely looks like Garfield,the tag looks fab.
Hugs louise xx

Donna said...

Super sweet card Shelly, love your choice of papers and colour scheme and I so love to see buttons on cards and your look brill hun :) Donna ♥ x

Delphine said...

Totally fun and adorable card! I love it, love your cat, Shelly, and the colours are fantastic! Have a lovely evening! Gros bisous Delphine xx

Faye said...

Oh you are such a sweetie. :) Garfield also has another brilliant catchphrase. Mmmmmmmmmmm. Lasagne! Loved the title of this post. But not as much as I love this card. Too cute. Have a great week. xxx

Brodders said...

Such a fun card and a good use for the tag :) Hope all is well at yours - Jane x

Unknown said...

Awww...This is just such a sweet and adorable card!!! It really put a smile on my face!! And belive me, i needed it!! Thanks sweety! =) Hugs and sunshine!

Liza said...

A fab card Shelley, I love the cat image.

Liza x