Saturday 28 January 2012

Alternative Valentine

Hello everyone! It's the weekend!

I have to say I have been a little absent on the blogging front lately... no real reason apart from I've still got a bit of a crafty block... my mojo really has left the building! I have managed to come up with a little DT card for  today's new challenge at Digi Designs Challenge Blog... our theme this fortnight is VALENTINE'S!

I've not gone with the traditional red, but have used more an alternative colour scheme and sentiment. The card is made using two wonderful digi images from Di's Digi Downloads... you can check out all of her fabulous designs over on her site! Lots of digi's to chose from for Valentine's and much more! I've also used scraps from My Minds Eye 'Bloom & Grow' paper pack... I always end up with bits so when I saw a fab card by Faye HERE I thought what a great idea to use up paper scraps, thanks for the inspiration Faye! Colouring is done with Promarkers & Flexmarkers, and the lovely little sentiment was from the net... I wish I could remember where I got it from so I could credit the person...

Our sponsor this fortnight is Joanna Sheen who is offering a gift voucher to use in her onling shop... and with so many goodies to choose from and free postage this is a fab prize! But you've got to be in it to win it so to speak! Also, if you make something using one of Di's digis you could be in with a chance of winning two images of your choice from Di's store! Hope you can join us ;)

Well, have a lovely weekend!

Shelly x

10 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Shelly. How are you doing sweetie.
Your card is beautiful. So different and very sweet. Love the image too. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Catherine said...

Oh Shelly this is such a delicious card ! What a cute landscape and the little couple is so so sweet ! Have a great week-end Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

CraftyC said...

Wow Shelly, I love your card. What a beautiful scene and such a pretty valentines card
Clairexx

Vicky said...

WOW.....your mojo is sitting right by your side hunni this is awesome I love the scene you have created...it really is a fantastic card sweetie.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Vicky said...

Wonderful hun...beautiful colouring and great layout too...

have a lovely evening..hugs Vicky xx

Anita said...

Wow, this is so pretty. I love the little scene you created and your coloring is fabulous.

Di said...

Hi Shelly
This is just goreous, i love how you have made it a picture and used the faux stitching to make it seem so country, just love it! hubby will too!
Hugs Di xxxx

Deanette said...

This is very cute Shelly! So glad to be on Di's team with you!

Lau W said...

Quelle belle scène ! Ces amoureux sont adorables ! Il y a de très beaux détails sur cette carte !
Bisous

Scrap Affair said...

Hi Shelly, it's always a treat to visit your blog, so many wonderful creations, it's an eye candy here)