Tuesday 3 January 2012

Happy New Year... Belated!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012!
Well, I'm back, eventually! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year... Best Wishes to you all for 2012, I hope it'll be a year filled with good health and happiness for all of us! For me personally, 2011 wasn't a good year at all, so I'm hoping that 2012 will bring me better things...

For me, the holiday period was lovely, quiet spending time at home with my hubby and my parents who were visiting from the UK. It was just nice to be with the people I love ;) I did, however, eat a bit too many chocolates, and I made some lovely mulled wine on Christmas Eve that had a kick with the brandy... it was definately not for the light weights lol ;) New Year was a quiet family night in, with lots of food and telly... I watched Alan Carr who had me in stitches... he is a funny 'un! And here we are 2012...

I do apologise for the latenes in posting my DT card for the NEW challenge at Digi Designs Challenge Blog, but lets just say I had a few technical hitches... anyway you have until Friday 13th (superstitious?) to make a card/project for the challenge and we want to see all things NEW! Our sponsor this week is Joanna Sheen, who is giving away a £10 gift voucher to spend in her online store! My card is done using a lovely digi stamp called New Home from Di's Digi Downloads, coloured with Promarkers. The paper is Basic Grey and the sentiment stamp is from Stampavie. It's a New Home card (obviously)... I would have used some new stash but I didn't get any (sobs, shock, horror), nope not a sausage! Well, I did buy myself a daylight lamp last week so I suppose I should count that as new stash... I have to say, it's fabulous!!!

Well, I'm raising my mug of tea in a toast to 2012, and to thank you all for your continuing support and friendship! Cheers!

Shelly x

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge Blog - New Beginnings
Basic Grey Challenges - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes/New
Stampin' For The Weekend - Anything Goes
ABC Challenge - G is for Green

12 comments:

Faye said...

What a fab, fab, faberoony card. I love that flower embellie and your colouring is AWESOME. Happy 2012 my lovely. xxx

Scrap Affair said...

OOOOhhh... I LOVE it! So sweet, and adorable!
And THANK YOU!!! :) I got your presents! You are so kind and wonderful!
Happy new Year! May all your dreams come true!
Hugs, Nadia

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely card! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

The card is beautiful, I like it a lot.

Happy New Year Shelly! I wish you the very best!

Love
Maarit

Catherine said...

What a darling card Shelly ! Your colouring is fantastic ! Gosh I wish I could colour a scene like you did ! Love the background paper too ! Like you I had a bit too many treats during the festive season and there are still a few boxes which have to be finished... Once it's opened... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Donna said...

Happy New Year to you too Shelly, your card is gorgeous and I love your colouring and the papers are perfectly matched...gotta love the lil squirrel lol! :) Donna ♥ x

PS: Fab new blog makeover...it's lovely!

Lau W said...

Bonne année ma chère amie, qu'elle soit remplie de bonheur, de joie et surtout de bonne santé !
Ta carte est superbe, j'aime bien ce ptit écureuil, et ta colorisation est magnifique !
Gros bisous !

The Crafty Blonde said...

fab card, love the sweet image and great papers. The colouring is just fabulous.
Lyndsey xx

Liza said...

A fab card Shelly, lovely image and colouring. All the best for 2012.

Liza x

Mummylade said...

What a wonderful creation Shelly! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!
And thank you also for entering the SFTW challenge this time.

Lin said...

I didn't get any new stash either Shelly, so I just went and bought myself some instead! I can highly recommend it, lol

Fabulous creation, such a great image and the design is gorgeous.

Thanks for joining us at ABC.

Lin

Unknown said...

lovely card and wonderful coloring!!!! Thanks for playing with us at ABC Challenge
hugs