Monday 26 September 2011

If You Go Down To The Woods Today...

If you go down to the woods today

You're sure of a big surprise.

If you go down to the woods today

You'd better go in disguise.


For ev'ry bear that ever there was

Will gather there for certain, because

Today's the day the teddy bears have their picnic.


Right now that I've got you all singing... I'd better tell you why I'm ranting on about the Teddy Bears Picnic! Well today at Cupcake Craft Challenges the lovely Faye haschallenged us to make something with a teddy bear on it!!! Now I do love my teddies, so this was an easy one for me! I've kept my card C&S as I wanted to make the most of the lovely Penny Black image... it's such a cutie! The two bears are coloured with my Promarkers (still waiting for my flexmarkers boo hoo), I've used my Cuttlebug to emboss the heart background, added the digi sentiment with bakers twine, and finished with a few gems.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Monochromatic (for me browns)

Ok so what can you win... well there's the weekly sponsor's prize which is 4 fab digis from Sassy Studio Designs, and then the monthly sponsor, Bunny Zoe's Crafts, who are offering a £15 Gift Voucher! Definately worth digging out a teddy image for I think!!! Please pop by the Cupcake blog to check out all the other DT projects... the girls always come up with some fab ideas!

Finally I just want to say thanks for all the lovely comments, it really makes my day when I see I've had visitors!

14 comments:

Janice said...

This is so lovely, a great card & a fab design, brilliant. Jx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card Shelly.
luv
Debby

Brodders said...

Loving the simple design Shelly and fab colouring x
Hope you have a great week love Jane x

Unknown said...

*lol* Just came over from Donnas blog...she has the same song text!! Great minds think alike!! Aww...This is truly such a sweet and adorable card! Love the image! Have a fantastic day! Hugs and sunshine!

Karen M said...

I love your card, its so adorable!Great colours and design too, hugs x x

Catherine said...

I simply adore your card Shelly ! What a delightful image and I love the colours you have chosen... Great embossed background too... Hope you are well my dear friend ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Louise said...

Gorgeous card Shelly the twine looks fab and finishes the card perfectly
Hugs louise xx

Scrap Affair said...

I LOVE this image, and on your card it's looking even MORE touching!
You are a master!

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fabulous card, love the sweet image and the embossed background looks fab.
Lyndsey xx

Faye said...

You've got Flexi's coming too?! So jealous! You must tell me all about them. Luuuuuuurve this card, fabby colouring and the fresh design is gorgeous. xxx

Delphine said...

Your card is so beautiful, Shelly! I love your image and your choice of colours is perfect! The doodling and all the squares look fantastic! Have a lovely evening! Lots of hugs Delphine xx

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Shelly, cute lil bear and white and kraft together are perfick :) Donna ♥ x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is gorgeous Shelly, you've coloured the image beautifully, love the fab design.

Warm hugs
Maarit

guylaine said...

Tes cartes sont toujours aussi belles à regarder! Bravo! je suis fan! Bisous! XOXO