Tuesday 20 September 2011

A Birthday & A Disappointment

Good morning folks! Isn't it starting to get chilly, brrrr! It's either that or too long living in France is turning me into a wimp!?

I wanted to share this little card with you, it's one I've made for my FIL who will be 70 on Thursday... he doesn't have a cat but loves our cat so I'm sure he'll like the card! I used this really, really cute digistamp that I won from DigiStamp Boutique, isn't is fabulous! There's also a version of this stamp with a sleeping dog instead of a cat... it's from The Smiths Collection - Dad Relaxing - Cat. I thought it'd be good for so many occassion! I have to say I really love it! I've coloured with Promarkers... now there's another story there, I'll get to that later... very easy image to colour! The papers are Basic Grey Archaic, the sentiment is a stamp from Artemio and the cute little charm was bought when I was in Scotland this summer... a fab little craft shop in Callander called 'Kokosnoot'. I'm entering my card into the September monthly challenge at DigiStamp Boutique.

Now for the disappointment... hmmm. Very kind hubby bought me some Flexmarkers as a surprise for my Birthday last week... as you can imagine I was delighted!!! However, after trying the pens (I have to say the brush nib is lovely but will take a bit of getting used to) I found a lot of the paler shades weren't actually colouring, only wetting the card with alcohol, even after scribbling on card for a while. You can imagine my disappointment when I wanted to get started with my new goodies asap :( So to cut a long story short, I contacted the Customer Services at Joanna Sheen (where hubby bought them from) and the lady I spoke to was so nice and helpful, apparently Letraset have had a few issues with some of the lighter pens... so they're going to replace the ones that aren't working properly! Result! Only now I have to wait for the replacements... patience is a virtue they say?!

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Your FIL will love his card Shelly ! Love the different papers and colours and the image is really sweet ! Love that cat ! Sorry about the problem with the Fleximarkers... I was going to try them but now I wonder... Hugs and love from Catherine

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Oh, how disappointing with the pens, hope you'll get the replacements fast.

The card is fab, love the colours and the great image.

Love the CCC card in the previous post too, the colours are stunning!

Hugs
Maarit

Lau W said...

Quelle belle carte Shelly, son destinataire sera ravi j'en suis certaine, il ne peut en être autrement !
Quelle mauvaise surprise pour les crayons, mais heureusement cela va s'arranger et bien sûr il va falloir être patiente !
Ici, le temps est gris, brrrr, je n'aime pas ce temps et ma petite Chiffonnette non plus :-)
C'était ton anniversaire ? en retard, mais du fond du coeur, bon anniversaire mon amie, gros bisous !

The Crafty Blonde said...

Great card, love the sweet image and the papers and colour combo look fab. Hope you get your pens sorted soon I hate waiting for stuff too!!!
Lyndsey xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shelly, what a gorgeous card. I love how you've coloured the image and the papers are perfect. Thanks for joining in with our monthly competition over at DSB. Hugs, Denise x
Shame about the Flex Markers, but I'm sure it's just teething problems. The ones I've tried have been perfect. You just need to be patient now lol!

Anita said...

I love your card. It's a perfect male card and that little charm is fabulous. Your coloring looks beautiful too.