Sunday 9 November 2008

Cool Blues for Christmas

Back in September I won some scrapbooking paper on Friday Sketchers, and after a long wait it finally arrived from a Norwegian company called 3ndypapir. All I can say is it was worth the wait! The paper is gorgeous and really good quality, double-sided and very thick too! So I just had to use one of the winter designs to make a little card (it was a shame to cut it, it's so nice) for this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge. The challenge was a bit tricky for me as you can only use a Penny Black sentiment, and I don't have many (I have 2 to be precise)! So I went for a Christmas theme...


I used:
- Sentiment from Penny Black Holly Day Critters clear set
- Paper from 3ndypapir.no
- Ribbon, snowflakes, gems from stash

The second blue card I made is for Cute Card Thursday, where the brief is Angels and Fairies. I didn't want to do a Tilda card, I thought a change was in order so I dug deep and found some See D's Christmas stamps to do this card. It's been a while since I used these stamps...


I used:
- See D's Magical Christmas Set (for the background, angel and sentiment)
- Angel Hair (you can just see behind the background)
- Glitter glue on angel
- Rest from stash

I've put ribbon on both cards, I was in a ribbon and blues mood last night!

15 comments:

Mephisto said...

Hi,
i like You Card! Really a good Idea!
Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.

Domi

Diane.W. said...

2 very beautiful cards,I luv those papers :o)x

tracie said...

Oh Shelly fabulous cards - very elegant. Love the DP and gorgoues ribbon. Thanks for joining us this week at SS :)x

gudrun said...

Oh, your cards are beautiful! Thank you for sharing! :)
Gudrun
3ndypapir.no

Carole said...

Totally beautiful cards, so elegant. Thanks for joining us at PBSC.
Carole :-)

Annie said...

Both gorgeous cards - very dreamy - love them.

Ann xxx

Andrea, said...

Beautiful cards, I love the icy blues. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

TARJA L said...

Beautiful card! I like your card.

Pauline C said...

Fabulous cards - love the colour schemes.. and you're right the paper was well woth waiting for! Thanks for joining the PBSC this week
Pauline x

Kath Stewart said...

2 beautiful cards Shelly and yes the papers are gorgeous - thanks for playing along this week at PBSc
Hugs
kath
xxxx

Debbie said...

Great cards Shelly, love the pretty papers & gems. Debbie x

Joey said...

Hi, two very stunning cards they are beautiful.xxx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Hi Shelly,
I have just found your blog through your gallery on Docrafts, have spent the last hour having a peep at your blog, your cards are fantastic and I have really enjoyed looking through your blog. Hope you dont mind but am gonna pop you on my blog roll so I can keep up todate with your craftyness.
Lyndsey xx

debby4000 said...

WOW gorgeous cards, both very elegant and fabulous papers.

Beth said...

These are beautiful! I love the big sparkly ribbon and icy blues! Thanks for joining in this week! xx