Wednesday 21 November 2012

Bureaucratic Monkey Business!

Hello!

Ok, so I haven't had the best of days but do you ever feel like you're getting nowhere fast? I get this feeling quite a lot living in France... I love France, but one thing I dislike about France is the obsession with paperwork over here! There's an article in The Telegraph about 'becoming french' and I quote; 

"...French officialdom's obsession with paperwork. This is one of the the most important things I’ve learned in the past six years of French rural bliss. There’s always someone demanding to see your birth certificate, wedding certificate or civil contract, driving licence or a piece of paper called an RIB that gives your bank details. Your utility bills and rates demands need to be kept for five years. Hold on to every scrap of paper you get from your builder or a tradesman. File everything — and you’ll be invincible." 

This is so true, and I've had my fair share of this, but it gets a little tiring after a while. Why make something easy when you can make it difficult? Oh well, c'est la vie...

Right, rant over... here's a little cheeky monkey card I thought I'd share with you. It's very CAS, which is a style I've become quite fond of lately. I'd like to enter the challenge at Digi Stamp Boutique, with my Marco the monkey card (Marco can be purchased from Digi Stamp Boutique).  I've coloured with Promarkers. The rest was handdrawn by moi! Bonne Soirée Mes Amis!

5 comments:

pinky said...

Just adorable Shelly!!

Faye said...

Hmmm. I like paperwork, but I can imagine being asked for it every five minutes would become tedious. Super cheeky card. Love the layout. X

Lau W said...

C'est vrai Shelly, en France, on demande des papiers pour tout et pour rien, c'est agaçant ! Il faut toujours tout justifer, mais comme tu dis...c'est la vie ! :-)
Ta carte est adorable, j'aime tellement ton style ! Marco est rigolo !
Bisous, bonne soirée

Anonymous said...

A fab, fun card, love it!
Helen x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

This is brilliant Shelly. Thank you for joining in the DigiStamp Boutique competition....Sally-Ann x