Saturday 8 August 2009

Progress with my Pro Markers

Hi, hope you're all having a nice weekend! I've spent most of the day doing my post holiday washing etc, but I did give myself a little time out to do a card for the Passion For Promarkers challenge. I thought I'd give the sketch a go as there's no set colours this week, so here it is...


I've included a little detailed piccy of the image, I seem to be getting the hang of my markers a bit more, it's fun blending them to get different colours...


I can't tell you all the colours I used but I mixed them a bit...the boys jeans are done with Cyan, Cool Grey 2 & 3, Royal Blue and the blender pen. It's a case of trial and error for me, but I had fun doing it! The papers I used are Papermania.

Well off to get ready for the match, Newcastle start their Championship quest today (The Premiership is a distant memory now). I won't get upset if we don't win, but I hope that the team plays well, in memory of Sir Bobby Robson! What a wonderful man he was, I met him once when he managed Ipswich Town (my brother played for Ipswich in the 80's), but I don't remember much as I was only little. My brother always praised him. It's sad he's lost his battle with cancer, but he put up one hell of a brave fight.

9 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Fab card,great job with the pens!!! :o)x

Wiccababe said...

wow, what a fabulous card Shelly, your colouring is fantastic
thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

Gina said...

Wow what a fabulous card, I just love your colouring, pity about your footy team though :) I am from West Brom :) it was nice to see both sets of supporters giving Sir Bobby a good round of applause and I think a draw was deserved by both teams, hark at me :)
Thanks for joining in at PFP this week hope you can join in again soon,
Gina xxx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shelly, so glad you could join us this week. From Sept we are having challenges every other week without colour combo's so hopefully you'll be able to join in a little more. A gorgeous card and the image is so sweet. Your colouring is awesome as always. Thanks for joining in the fun at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Shelly. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for trying my sketch and joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

helen said...

a lovely card and your colouring is perfect, thanks for joining us at pfp this week
hugs
helen x

Caryn said...

This is a gorgeous card and a great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at PFP.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is stunning, beautiful couple and love the colours.
luv
Debby

katy said...

Hi Shelly, thank you hun for the birthday wishes....oh to be 21 again, lol..hope you're well ? have a question for you, shall MSN you :) x