Sunday 16 August 2009

Just Because and Cheesecakes!

Hi, hope you're having a lovely weekend! The sun is shining here in France, it's so hot I've been hiding in the house all day! So I've done a little card, using the hot sunny weather as inspiration...


I just love this Penny Black image, it was a RAK so I'll have to try to get my hands on the stamp, although I'm trying to be good at the moment. I've used Papermania Black Magic cardstock, and distressed it. The ribbon is from Doodlebug and the adorable bee charm is from The Hobby House. I'm entering this into the Lili of the Valley challenge, as you have to use a charm on your card.

Ok now for cheesecakes! Doesn't this look so yummy...
unfortunately it's not how my cheesecake looked like, mine was more of a runny mess! What a distaster! The recipe included 300ml of whipped double cream, but can you believe it, double cream doesn't exist in France! With all their lovely patisseries wouldn't you think they'd have at least heard of double cream! Nope! Even the local patissier didn't know what to use, and suggested I make a "French" cake instead! In the end I used another cream, with a lower fat content, and it just didn't do the job! So I ended up with cheese spread rather than cheesecake! Maybe I can find another recipe with creme fraiche instead? Well, just think about all those calories I didn't eat lol!

2 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the sweet image and fab papers.
luv
Debby

Kevin Renz said...

What a fun and happy card.