Monday 3 September 2012

Cheers!

Good morning! Hope you all had a lovely weekend... I spent mine with my nephew, we went mountain biking and quad biking... great fun but soooooooooooooo exhausting! Still, it was really nice to spend time together.

Today at Cupcake Craft Challenge Donna has chosen a gorgeous picture for our PHOTO INSPIRATION challenge, here's the piccy...
I've gone with the colours for my masculine birthday card (above). It's been a while since I've done a 'male' card, I really enjoyed it, but I struggled with the embellishments hence the "less is more" approach! I have to say, I do love this cheeky chappie 'Alf' from Digi Stamp Boutique... he's great for masculine cards and so easy to colour!

We have two fab sponsors... Mo's Digital Pencil are giving away 3 x $5 shop credits (so there'll be 3 lucky winners) and Simon Says Stamp are giving away a $20 Gift Certificate! But you've got to be in it to win it, so pop by the Cupcake blog to check out all the DTs creative craftiness, and then get creating!

Shelly x

I'd like to enter my card into the challenge at:
Digi Stamp Boutique - September Competition
ABC - W is for Wishes (Birthday)
By the Cute & Girly - Boys/Men

Cheers!
Image - Alf and beer (Digi Stamp Boutique), Colouring - Promarkers, Martha Stewart Punch, Card Candy - Craftwork Cards, Sentiment on PC

12 comments:

Unknown said...

HI sweetie!
Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend! Have a sore butt after mountain bikeing??!! *lol*
This is such a great and fun card! LOve the image! Have a wonderful day! HUgs and sunshine

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous mans card.
luv
Debby

Faye said...

Hey Minxie. Super fab card. I love the less is more feel, I think it works really well. X

Kelly Lloyd said...

Love your take on the photo inspiration... He is a great image

Hugs kelly

Catherine said...

This is such a cool card Shelly ! Love the doodling and the border ! Great image too ! Have a lovely week my friend ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Lau W said...

Coucou !
j'aime ton choix d'avoir réalisé une carte masculine avec ces couleurs, c'est très judicieux, bravo ! Il est marrant ce personnage !
Bisous, je vois que tu as passé un bon w-e, c'est chouette !

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Shelly, a fab image and layout!
Helen x

having a {me} day said...

This is gorgeous Shelly. A perfect 'man' card. keeley

Louise said...

Super cute and fun card, love it. Thanks for joining us at ABC for our challenge
Louise

Donna said...

Fab male card Shelly and I'm loving the less is more approach, you got the perfect balance. This is one of my fav images for male cards and I love the large lettering you've used...bet Danny will love it! :) Donna ♥ x

Brigitte said...

LOVE your card!!!!! The embellishments are perfect for a guy, not too much, just enough!!!! Love the image and the doodle around it! Just beautiful! Thanks for joining us this month at BTC&G and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Brilliant Shelly! Thank you for entering the DigiStamp Boutique competition....Sally-Ann :o)