Friday 31 July 2009

Paper Pieced Somethings

Hi! I have to say it's just great being on holiday, although I do miss having my laptop at hand, but then again aren't holidays for relaxing? I've just been to Cyprus, which was fab but VERY hot! I have some pics to share with you when I get back, as I'm currently visiting family in the UK. Anyway, it's difficult for me to get access to the internet at the moment, so here's just a very quick post to let you know about this week's Stamp Something challenge.

The challenge is "Paper Pieced Somethings" and is sponsored this week by Whiff of Joy, who do the most beautiful stamps. Here is my DT card ...


You have to create something using paper piecing, a technique that I just love. If you're not familiar with the technique, check out the Stamp Something blog for more details and to view all the other DT cards! I've used one of my Gorjuss Girls stamps and have paper pieced her dress and tights using Basic Grey paper. I hope you can play along with us this week, I'm sure you'll enjoy paper piecing and you could win a fab prize from the fantastic Whiff of Joy range!

6 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card Shelly! Love the fun papers and your sweet image. :)

katy said...

A gorgeous card Shelly...i wondered where you were ! Glad you've had a nice relaxing hol !

xx

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

I LOVE the colors and the paper! Such a great card...love the Gorjuss girl image too!

Janna :)

Giovana said...

Beautiful!!
God bless
Giovana

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Shelly, what a fab card. I love her dress and the tights are amazing. Glad you had a good holiday. Hugs, Denise x
ps thanks for my parcel of goodies - it arrived yesterday - you shouldn't have but thank you very much x x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, adorable gorjuss girl and what wonderful papers.
Hope you have a good time.
luv
Debby