Saturday 10 January 2009

Last Christmas Card for a while...




This was the Christmas card I made for my Mam & Dad for Christmas 2008. I thought I'd share it with you, as I didn't get a chance to put it on my blog before the 25th Dec, better late than never eh?

The card took AGES to make, best part of a Sunday afternoon in fact. I entered it in a French card mag competition, where the brief was to make a card in the shape of... in my case a Christmas Tree. Unfortunately I didn't win the comp, but my Mam & Dad were chuffed to bits with their handmade card so the effort was worthwhile!

The tree was hand drawn and cut out, the fir effect was done with a stamp from a See D's set. Bears and hedgehog are Penny Black, cut out and decoupaged. "Noel" is stamped from See D's Christmas Alphabet set. All the other embellies etc are from my stash.

I was happy with the finish, but it took a long time to make so can't say I'll be doing another one in a hurry! At least not in the next couple of months!

6 comments:

The Crafty Blonde said...

WOW great card, I dont know how you didnt win. Love all the detail you have put into this, looks like it was worth the effort thought. Its brill.
Lyndsey xx

Natalie said...

What a beautiful card, I bet your Mum and Dad were thrilled. x

ella bella said...

WOW Shelly gorgeous card, i love all the detail and the way you have combined images. fab work
Tracy x

The Crafty Den said...

Wow Shelly what an amazing card, you should have definitely won the comp. I bet your parents were super pleased with it. Have a great evening. Lots of love, Denise x

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely work. Kim

Bev said...

Shelly you've put some work into this card hunny - it's amazing!! So much detail too and those little bears are sooo cute

hugs Bev x