Wednesday 31 October 2012

Happy Halloween!

I've had this halloween image for a very long time and have never coloured it... so I thought it was about time! It's an image from Pollycraft (which sadly no longer exsists), one of the Luna Bitterfrost series. I just had the urge to colour those pumpkins! And then I just had to make a card! Hope you likey ;)

I loved Halloween when I was little, my dad would help me to hollow out a turnip to make a lantern (did you know that originally turnips were used to celebrate Halloween, pumpkins appeared when the pagan festival was introduced to North America by the Irish and Scottish immigrants). I remember it always being windy and my lantern would blow out all the time (yep we used candles in those days, not torches)! Here in France Halloween isn't celebrated much, shame as I really looked forward to it as a kid! So for those celebrating Halloween, have fun!

Shelly x

I'd like to enter my card into the challenge at:
Passion For Promarkers - Fright Night
Totally Papercrafts - Spooky Halloween

Supplies:
Image - Luna Bitterfrost (Pollycraft)
Promarkers (Joanna Sheen)

6 comments:

Faye said...

Educational and pretty to look at, I'll be stopping by again! I never knew about turnips! Fab card Minxie, awesome colouring. X

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Shelly. I love the image and your colouring is fabulous!
I'm taking the kids out tonight, I have one 7 year old vampire and a 5 year old witch!!
Lorraine x

Catherine said...

What a fantastic card Shelly ! Love the tearing and your colouring is stunning ! Happy Halloween to you too ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Lau W said...

J'adore ta carte Shelly, les couleurs sont vives, c'est superbe !
J'aime voir la tradition d'halloween dans les pays où cette fête est importante, ils s'amusent énormément !
Bisous Shelly, ils sont ensoleillés aujourd'hui :-) mais bien frais avec le vent !

Scrap Affair said...

Shelly dear Shelly, your cards ALWAYS ketch my eye! They have such magnetic beauty and calming effect-I cannot resist!
Always your fan. :)
Nadia

Julie said...

Fabulous card, Shelly!! Love the image and your design, and your colouring is awesome!! Thanks for joining in our Spooky Challenge at PFP, Juliexx