Monday 13 February 2012

Moments That Take Your Breath Away

Are you doing anything nice for Valentine's Day? For me I think it'll be just another freezing cold day, nothing special planned, well what I mean to say is if I don't plan something special then it won't happen :( Spontaneity isn't one of my o/h's strong points unfortunately.

Today is cupcake day, yay! And it's my turn to choose this week's challenge at Cupcake Craft Challenge... it's called Entwined! The clue is in the title... I'd like you to use TWINE on your creation.

For my card I've gone for a romantic feel, being as it's Valentine's Day tomorrow. The sentiment is a digi I've had a while, which I teamed up with some lovely papers (not sure but think they're Anna Griffin) I got from my friend Nadia at A Scrap Affair. I've added some pretty seam binding, vintage french lace, die-cut hearts, pearls, cute heart button and of course some baker's TWINE!

We are sponsored this week by The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop, who are giving away 50 metres of Divine Baker's Twine... oh yummy! Our second sponsor is Stamp Fairy who are giving away a generous $10 Gift Certificate! Pop by the Cupcake blog to see all the details on this week's challenge, and also to take a look at what the other Cupcake girls have come up with, thanks girls for doing such a great job with my theme this week!

Thanks ever so much for visiting, I love hearing from you all! Hope you have a nice Valentine's Day, whatever you do!

Shelly x

16 comments:

Vicky said...

Simply stunning and elagant Shelly...and beautiful sentiment too hun :O)

big hugs Vicky xx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Shelly. How are you doing sweetie. Your card is absolutely stunning. Just love everything about it. Gorgeous.
Love Sandra xxx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, elegant card.
luv
Debby

Sharon said...

This card is absolutely STUNNING. Love it! hugs Sharon

Fleur said...

Stunning card Shelly, so pretty
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

Joey said...

Shelly this is stunning hunny, beautiful card. Joey xx

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness hun, this is simply such a beautiful & adorable card!!! Just love the romantic/shabby feeling of it! Thanks for a wonderful challenge! Had great fun with it! Well, my hubby can be the same, or completly opposite.... I'm not sure whats worse...*lol* One time he tried to be all romantic with bubbly champange and a bath...That night ended up in the ER for me...*lol* Somehow i started to cough while i was drinking and it all ended up in the wrong place, i had trouble to breath so i tried to climb out of the tub and knocked down the glas, and ofcourse i steped on it....Spent that valentines night getting stitched up.... And it's not the only time...So i'm glad if i get a rose with no thorns...*lol* Have a fabbt day hun!!!

Donna said...

Wow wow wow Shelly, this is totally gorge and I love the soft pastel colours and your amazing sentiment. Beautiful done Shelly and so pretty with the lace and ribbon! Thanks for a fab theme this week, I don't play with my twine's half as much as I should lol! :) Donna ♥ x

Lau W said...

Oh quelle douce carte Shelly, j'adore la dentelle, et les coeurs, et les papiers....J'aime tout hihi ! Oh le twine, j'adore aussi cette ficelle !
Heureuse saint Valentin mon amie. Je ne fais rien de spécial en ce jour, des cadeaux, nous nous en offrons n'importe quand dans l'année, pas besoin de date spéciale pour y penser :-) Mais j'ai quand même fait une carte que je publierai demain hihi !
Bisous

Sue said...

Hi Shelly
a gorgeous card, great sentiment so true, beautiful embelies & design, sue,x

Faye said...

Hiya Sweet Minxie. I think this is the most beautiful card and just perfect for this (fab) challenge. Sending hugs. xxx

Liza said...

Lovely work Shelly, I love the soft pinks and your embellishments.

Liza x

Brodders said...

This is so so pretty Shelly - wishing you all the best Jane x

Anita said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. Beautiful paper and the lacey heart cutouts are fabulous. Love the little ruffled lace too. Well, I just love everything about it lol!

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

This is beautiful Shelley! just stunning :) Sarah x

Louise said...

Wow this is such a beautiful card
Hugs Louise xx