Monday 7 November 2011

Getting into the Christmas Spirit


Ok, be honest, is anyone else struggling to get into the Christmas spirit? I don't know if it's the weather or what but I'm really not feeling it this year! I haven't started doing any Christmas shopping, have no ideas for presents, and despite having a Christmas card making session yesterday, I'm just not in the pre-Christmas mood. Maybe it's too early? Maybe I should buy Michael Bublé's new Christmas album... Mmmm yes I think that's it, he'd definately put me in the spirit... and I wouldn't mind unwrapping him on Christmas morning either lol ;) 

Right, well back to reality {sighs}... Firstly I'd like to thank everyone who took part in my Leaf Challenge last week at Cupcake, I loved popping by your blogs and checking out all the gorgeous leafy, autumnal (or not) creations you came up with! 

Now today at Cupcake Craft Challenge we have a fabulous new theme, chosen by the marvellous Maarit, Textalicious! We'd like you to use a page from a newspaper, book or dictionary, or use a stamp with a book/newspaper, or even just use the kind of text you find in one. 

I found a Christmas story on the internet (it's about a little disabled boy and a kitten... you can find it HERE, it's worth a read if you have 10 minutes) and I printed it off using an old fashioned typewriter kind of font. I used this as my background paper. The lovely image is called 'Sarah in the snow with kittie'. It's a Tina Wenke design for Stampavie. I coloured her with Promarkers... using VERY traditional Christmas colours (still didn't get me in the mood... only Michael can do that lol).

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
By the cute & girly - Christmas Girls
I Love Promarkers - Glitter & Glitz (glitter and gold spotted candy)
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes plus bling
Penny Black & More @ Allsorts - All Creatures Great & Small

Our sponsor this week at Cupcake is Simon Says Stamp, who are giving away a fabulous $20 Gift Certificate to one lucky winner, and as it's now November we have a new Icing on the Cupcake monthly sponsor, Crafts U Love are offering up a super £15 Gift Voucher for this month's winner. For all the details, and a chance to see the beautiful creations the other DT girls have made, pop over to the Cupcake Craft Challenge blog!

Thanks for dropping by today ;)

17 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Such a gorgeous card hun, and very Christmassy, even if you're not feeling it yet (me neither). The text really brings the image forward and a great tie in with it too. Beautiful and clever design. Hugs Sxx

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous card Shelly, love the cute image.
luv
Debby

Catherine said...

I love love love your card Shelly ! Great papers and this image is too cute ! Love the cat ! (evidemment !). Have a great week my friend ! Hugs and love from Catherine

brenda said...

I'm totally with you Shelly, no Christmas spirit here either (I use the word spirit loosely forgetting anything in a bottle.

Your card is gorgeous, something about those traditional colours that always please.

Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black and More this month and good luck with all the prizes on offer.

B x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wow, your card sure has the festive spirit Shelly, fantastic use of the text, I spotted a few "kittens" in it!!!! Lovely Christmas colours and an adorable image. Thanks for playing along with my theme.

Oooh, and Michael Bublé is great, got him on my music player, just tell if you need some help with the unwrapping ;)

Love
Maarit

Lau W said...

Coucou ! Je crois que la météo douce nous a fait oublier que décembre arrivait bientôt ! :-)
Ta carte est très très belle, le papier est superbe et que dire du tampon : je l'adore !!!
Bisous !

Liza said...

A fab christmas card Shelly, a great traditional colour combo.

Liza x

Faye said...

Yep, it's too early for me to get Christmassy too. (You may want to remind me that I said this on Christmas Day when I'm trying to make a card for Very Understanding Hubby!!)
I think this is a beautiful card, as you know, but the story tht goes with it is lovely too. xxx

PinksyDoodles said...

This is a gorgeous, bright and beautiful card Shelly.
Thank you for entering it into our challenge at Penny Black and More this month.
Clare x

Sarpreet said...

gorgeous card

Brodders said...

Such a cute card Shelly. Love the paper :)

Shirley said...

Just fabulous Shelly. I love the colours and the layout. Pretty cute image too and beautifully coloured.
Thank you for joining us this month at Penny Black and more and we look forward to seeing some more of your lovely work in further PBaM challenges.
Good luck in the prize draw.

Shirley

Linby said...

What a cute and bright and cheerful card - thanks for sharing it at Penny Black and More this month.
Hope to see you again.
Lynn x
DT

Delphine said...

A fantastic card, Shelly! Lovely image and I love all the stars and your text page! Gros bisous Delphine xxx

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Shelly, love the text you've used and the adorable image...stunning design hun :) Donna x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Kate said...

Great card, love the vibrant colour. Thanks for joining us at By The Cute And Girly this month.

** Kate **