Thursday 13 October 2011

More Halloween but with a bit of a difference...

Ok to be honest I haven't done much crafting at all lately, I've been feeling a bit down lately and out of sorts and just haven't felt creative! However, my lovely friend Dianascarlett sent me some goodies that she sells in her online craft store, A Scrap Affair, and I just had to have a little play! The products are all from the Ranger/Tim Holtz range... so to say I had inky fingers is an understatement lol ;)

Anyway, to get my colourful halloween backgrounds I used Distress Inks (Spiced Marmalade, Dusty Concorde and Black Soot). I applied the ink from the pad directly to my non-stick craft sheet then spritzed the ink with water using a mini mister. I then dipped the card into the ink to get the colourful, patterned background and dried it with my heat gun. On two of the cards I then sprayed Perfect Pearls Mists (Mandarin) to get a lovely sheen (you can best see this on the first photo above).

On the above card I stamped some script (using a Prima clear stamp) on the background and then stamped the Halloween Silhouettes on acetate using Staz On ink. I then outlined the bats & cat using a gold Promarker.

On this card I simply stamped onto the background of Distress Ink & Perfect Pearls Mist with the script and floral flourish stamps and then with the Halloween Silhouette Stamps using Distress Ink (Black Soot).

And my last card was a bit of an experiment... the moon was heat embossed using Distress Powders (Old Paper), the cat is from the stamp set, but the rest of the images were hand drawn using a black permanent pen... not too bad I think?

I'm entering my cards into the following challenges...
I love Promarkers - Autumnal Colours - Golds, Oranges, Greys (that's the weather)
Simon Says Stamp - Halloween/Goth

Well, if you fancy treating yourself to some of these goodies, don't forget to pop by A Scrap Affair Store... it's packed full of lovely crafty treasures!

Thanks for visiting me today!!!

8 comments:

Catherine said...

OMG this is absolutely fantastic Shelly ! Oh I do love your last creations ! You rock Lady ! Hope you are feeling a bit better now ! With lots of hugs and love from Catherine

Lau W said...

Shellyyy, j'adore tes créations ! Mon dieu, ces sprays font des merveilles, j'espère pouvoir en utiliser un jour ! Oh et le chat !! trop adorable, même pas peur :-)))
Je t'envoie de gros bisous réconfortants, pour te remonter un peu le moral !
Bisous

Faye said...

Gosh this is different for you, but very good. What stunning work. :) xxx

Scrap Affair said...

Shelly, I like that you got to experiment, looks fantastic! I love the 2nd one more and more, I just can't take my eyes off it:)
Fabulous colors!

Heather said...

A fabulous cards Shelly, your colours and your techniques are sensational and your images are all awesome.

Thanks so much for joining us at Simons Says Stamp
hugs
Heather xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Both of these cards look fantastic! :) I love how you have made these so unusual. Very atmospheric.

Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

having a {me} day said...

WOW! Your cards are amazing. I particularly like the outlining on the first one. keeleyxx

Mandy said...

Oh wow Shelly these are fabulous, I love the imky backgrounds and your hand drawn houses are perfect.
I hope you are feeling better :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Halloween / Goth challenge
hugs Mandy xx