Monday 23 May 2011

Worms & Cupcakes

Good morning! I've come on the computer for a bit of peace and quiet this morning, there's a lot of banging going on in my house today! In my living room I have a lovely solid oak parquet floor (which is about 100 years old), unfortunately it's being eaten by woodworm! Ouch! The little buggers have been making holes in my floor and although it pains me to have the floor lifted, it has to be done to see what damage there is underneath! The carpenter says "ce n'est pas méchant" (meaning it's not nasty) but it has to be seen to to stop it going any further! So hence the banging... it's the man pulling up my lovely floor (sob)! I'd better get a cup of tea and a cupcake...

Yep, Cupcake Craft Challenges to be precise (I'm watching my figure lol)... this week the talented Delphine has chosen 'BOOKWORM' as our theme (kind of symbolic for me... worms that is)! So we'd like to see projects with a book theme (image, bookmark etc). I've done a little bookmark using a Heather Ellis digi image (the little butterfly and plant pot are my own... I tried to draw them in a similar style inkeeping with the HE image). I've used Promarkers to colour this time. Finally I added some little flowers (Nellie Snellen punch & Card Candy). The paper is from an old Papermania pad. I'm entering my card in the following challenges:

ABC Challenge - Unusual Fold
By The Cute & Girly - Anything Goes

This week our sponsor is Crafty Emma's Store, who is giving away a £10 gift voucher to one lucky winner, and our Monthly Icing on the Cupcake Sponsor is Crafts U Love, who are offering a £15 gift voucher to our monthly winner.

Well, I'd better go and check what damage there is! And make that cup of tea!

21 comments:

Faye said...

Hiya Minxie. I'm really getting your worm pain. I hope the damage is not too bad, as the man says. Fingers crossed. As for your book, erm, worm, it's adorable. BTW, if you break the cake in half, the calories fall out, so go on...
Mwah, mwah. xxx

Unknown said...

Hi sweetie!! This is such a lovely & cute corner bookmark!! Love the sweet images! Have a fab day! Hugs & Sunshine!/Sari

Catherine said...

What a cutie Shelly ! I love those corner bookmarks ! I hope that your floor can be rescued ! I bet Reglisse is hiding somewhere ! Lots of hugs and love from Catherine

Liza said...

Such a cute little bookmark Shelly. So sorry to hear about your floor. We had the little blighters in all our door frames and we had to replace each one!

Liza x

Lau W said...

Espérons que le charpentier a raison "que ce n'est pas bien méchant" ! Donne nous des nouvelles !
Ton marque pages est très beau, tu y as mis beaucoup de détails, c'est fort joli !
Bisous mon amie et courage (j'espère que Réglisse n'a pas peur des travaux !).

Donna said...

Hi Shelly...your bookmark is so cute and I love your added detail! Ouch to the floor being ripped up...sorry, but I did have to laugh at bookwork vs woodworm...take care :) Donna x

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous creation!
Thanks for playing along with this weeks ABC challenge.
Hugs Sue x

Vicky said...

Just so sweet Shelly....super cute image and so beautifully coloured too hun..

poor you...poor floor! those lil blighters are a real pain in the bum...and I hope it gets sorted sweetie...and cupcakes do help lol!

big hugs Vicky xx

Brodders said...

One of my favourite images. I love the corner bookmark x

Delphine said...

Oh poor Shelly, I hope your floor is ok and I am sorry my challenge is called bookworm:-(... But your bookmark is so pretty, the image is totally adorable, I love it! Have a lovely evening and fingers crossed for you... Gros bisous Delphine xx

Louise said...

Oh dear hope your floor is not too bad.
Your bookmark is fab though love the shape and the image is so sweet.
Louise xx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, adorable bookmark Shelly.
luv
debby

* Üla * said...

This is a cute card, Shelly. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly Challenge.
hugs Ula

Wishcraft said...

Love your pretty bookmark Shelly, such a cute image :o) Lisa x

Audrey said...

What an adorable bookmark! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Poppit said...

What an apt challenge! Hope those little wormies didn't munch too much of your boards. I LOVE your bookmark - sooooo adorable! xx

Flowergirl said...

This such a beautiful bookmark, so cute x
Wendy x

papertrails leaver said...

This is precious! I like the use if embellies! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

This is fab! Love the sweet images & so clever to do a corner bookmark. Love it x

Ruthie said...

What a great project. Love the design! oh no WORMS!

Thanks for joining in with Aud Sentiments

Rx

Antonella said...

Love your bookmark - I keep putting off making a corner bookmark, but now I think I must! I love the fact that you added dimension to yours!!! Thanks for the inspiration. I am enjoying the cupcake challenge, stop by to visit mine if you get a chance!
Hugs, Antonella :-)
http://quilling.blogspot.com/2011/05/filigree-friday-free-quilled.html