Sunday 8 February 2009

Hearts and Flowers

This weeks challenge on Papertake Weekly is "Hearts and Flowers", pretty easy eh? Well I thought I'd have a go, a nice girly card me thinks! The stamp is from Sugar Nellie, I watercoloured it using Whispers brush markers (thought I'd give the Distress Inks a bit of a rest lol). The paper and ribbons are from Papermania, I got a few of these paper packs as they're lovely (plus they were on offer, I can't resist a bargain). The "Love" stamp is from the Penny Black "Clearly in Love" set. The little hearts are punched out of the paper and Bazzil cardstock, I also used Nestabilities...


I thought I'd do a simple inner using the same paper, with a little verse stamped in the middle (stamp Penny Black). I think the verse is really sweet!


So there's my card for the challenge! Thanks for looking, off to try my new stamps (I couldn't resist they were a bargain - yep another one)!

6 comments:

Diane.W. said...

Hi Shelly,your card is soo pretty :o)x

debby4000 said...

Oh wow fabulous card, beautiful image and such pretty papers.

Mrs Mayne said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and the papers look great. Love the 3 ribbon ties on side of the image they look fab.
Lyndsey xx

Bev said...

Oh this is so pretty Shelly, love the pinks.

hugs Bev x

The Crafty Den said...

What a lovely girly card. The image, the papers, the embellishments, everything is perfect. I love it all. Hugs, Denise x