Friday 30 January 2009

Finally Forever Friends!

I'm feeling a lot better today, after my recent lurgy bout so have managed to do a card! I think this has got to be the first Forever Friends card I've put on my blog. I got this stamp from my hubby for Christmas and thought I'd better ink it before he say's if I don't use it he's not getting me anymore (oh no)! This is a nice size stamp with some lovely detail, and I was secretly pleased that my hubby had picked this stamp as I was wanting to buy it on my next trip to the UK. The card fits with two challenges; the super sketch on Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog, and also the theme on Forever Friends Challenge blog this week "Oriental" (well the papers are kinda oriental and I've used red too).


I've used some Anita's Glossy Accents on the champagne bottle and the bubbly...


And as I've seen lots of peeps decorating the inside of their cards (they all look fab) I thought I'd have a little go. I kept it fairly simple for my first try...


The papers are from Papermania (Simply Elegant), image is from Do Crafts Forever Friends range (coloured with w/c pencils), sentiment stamp is Penny Black, border is cut out using a corner punch (don't have any border punches but love the Martha Stewart ones I've seen on other peeps blogs), used square nesties to cut frames, rest is from stash.

Thanks for all the lovely well wishes I've had over the last couple of days! I'm now looking forward to getting back into my crafting more (after I've worked two 13 hour shifts this weekend - gggrrrr)! Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

14 comments:

Emma said...

Stunning card Shelly...love the image and the papers.
Fab decorating the inside too.
Emma x

Bastelzauberin said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the image and the papers.

LG
Silke

joanne wardle said...

they are lovely colours, oriental or not. beautiful card

pescbrico said...

This is very cute! I love it a lot! Have a great day!

Natalie said...

Shelly this is fab. Great colouring. x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Lovely card, love the FF images and the papers look great. Loving the inside decoration too.
Lyndsey xx

Gill said...

Beautiful card, fab colours and a gorgeous image, thanks for joining us at SS
hugs Gill x

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Gorgeouss card :)
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

hugs Ria

Joey said...

Hi Shelly gorgeous card, I love the colours image and papers. theres a little something for you on my blog.x

Donna said...

Beautiful card Shelley and it definitely has the oriental touch, thanks for joining us at FF this week :) Donna x

ella bella said...

gorgeous card Shelly those papers are beautiful and i love the image you have coloured it beautifully
pleased to hear your feeling better
have a great weekend
Tracy x

debby4000 said...

Oh he is a little darling and fabulous card, brilliant work using the sketch.

Louby said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better but sorry you've got to work the weekend!! Have put a fun thing on my blog for you to do - if you want to.
Louby x

Bev said...

Oh this is gorgeous Shelly! Love the image and beautiful colours.

hugs Bev x