Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy New Year 2014!

Hi everyone! Well that's it for 2013... I can't believe how quickly the year went over! We saw the New Year in quietly at home, no partying here (the French don't seem to party much, at least not the people we know), shame I kinda miss it sometimes. So now it's 2014... a new year, a new outlook on life for me and lots of changes to come. Last year for health reasons and personal reasons I decided to get fit, so took up cycling... and from August to November I lost over 9 kilos, and felt much better for it. So this year I'll be sticking to my healthy eating plan (although I have had a few lapses over the holidays what with Cadbury's forcing chocolate down my throat)... not a diet by any means but just being careful about what I eat, I should have done it years ago! Anyone else have any New Year's resolutions?

Right, now for the crafty bit! We have a fab new challenge at Little Miss Muffet Challenges today, our first of 2014, and to kick things off we have a sketch. Here's what I made...
I've kept it Clean and Simple (oh yeah that's another of my new year's resolutions, to declutter my house)... I do like the CAS look :) I've used the gorgeous Luna Bitterfrost Skulls Rock digital image (I cropped her though) from Pollycraft which is available at Little Miss Muffet Stamps. Here's the sketch we'd like you to work with...
Forgotten Scraps's photo.
You have 2 weeks to join in with the challenge, which could win you some fab digis from Little Miss Muffet Stamps! Pop by the challenge blog to see what the other Little Misses have created for you, and to see all the details of the challenge! Hope you can join us for our first 2014 challenge!

11 comments:

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

She looks fab cropped! Fantabulous!!!

Jo said...

Well done you for your weight loss, I was starting to take up more exercise and eat healthier too, but then christmas happened! although I didn't pig out, but yes cadbury's got me too for a week or 2.
Good luck but sounds like you know what you're doing :)
As you do with your card making too, this is such a great card, i love the colours and papers chose.

Happy New Year hunni.
Jo xx

Catherine said...

Congratulations on your weight loss Shelly !
Your card is so so sweet ! Love the colours ! Happy New Year to you Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

wendy said...

terrific card ! I am so tickled to be joining the team this month ;)

Carla S. said...

Fab card, Shely! Love the clean style and fun colors! Great job on the weight loss! After indulging over the holidays, I am trying to get back to more healthy eating!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Hey Minxie :) Happy New Year Sweets! I hope 2014 brings you every thing you wish for and more besides. You so deserve it. And, we must Skype again... let me know when you are free?
Now, this card? Signature Minxie style and screaming gorgeousness, I love it xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Shelly. HAppy New Year to you and your family
Lorraine x

Donna said...

Too cute Shelly, love the CAS design and fab combination of colours. I don't make any news years resolutions but I wish you all the luck with yours :) Donna ♥ x

Carol S. said...

Well done Shelly on you weight loss. I managed to lose 21lbs last year but have managed to put back on 6lbs over Christmas! I am loving CAS cards now and am going to try and do mostly them this year. Love the image, great colours. Hugs, Carol S.xx

coops said...

so stunning shelly.fab colour combo and I love your design and image :D
Happy New Year hun.

xx coops xx

Lau W said...

Coucou !
Ta carte est trop chou, le clean et simple te va bien aussi, j'adore !
Bravo pour tes bonnes résolutions, bon courage pour la suite, c'est bien, tu es motivée !
Hmm je cherche une bonne résolution...je devrais manger plus sainement je crois afin que mon estomac soit moins vilain avec moi !! glups !
Bisous ma Shelly, câlins pour Réglisse