Friday 14 May 2010

The Shortest Distance Between Hearts


Today I've had a go at doing something a little different (for me anyway)... a card with no image. I bought a pack of clear sentiment stamps from Hero Arts a little while ago and have never had them out of the pack, so I thought why not try making a card with the sentiment as the focal point. I'm fairly pleased with the result :) I've also used the Photo Inspiration over at Basic Grey Challenges, it's where I got the fab idea for the string of hearts. I made the template for the hearts and drew around it a few times then cut out the shapes. All the stitching is faux... I'm too lazy to go to the trouble of getting my sewing machine out etc! All the papers are Basic Grey (Cupcake & Sugared), and I've added a few pearls, roses and rafia to embellish. Fairly simple but I like it, just have to decide who to send it to now :)

5 comments:

Tracy said...

this is so beautiful Shelly, I love the sentiment and all the extras and the soft colours are just perfect. really stunning work.
hugs Tracy x

Catherine said...

Oh Sweetie, your card is gorgeous ! I love the little hearts on a string (such a fab idea) and the sentiment is beautiful... I admire your stitching... Just perfect... Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Sharon said...

This is a stunning card Shelly. I really love the elegant simplicity thereof. Hugs Sharon

Irena said...

Very cute card :)

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning my dear Shelly. Again you've been busy since my last visit and im loving your cards. That little boy image below is such a cutie!! great card here too without an image. I always find them hard these days! hope all is well your end hunny and that you have a good weekend. The sun is shining here, fingers crossed it stays nice hugs Linda x