Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mr Sarkosy and a Card

Good morning blogging friends! Well it's a cold one today... all white with frost... but the sun is shining! Today Mr Nicolas Sarkosy, Le President de la République Française (that's his official title I'm told) is visiting the little town I live in (he's surely flying over my head as I type cos I can hear the helicopters), and boy is it an occassion! Picture it... a little sleepy rural town in central France... it's like Allo Allo meets NYPD Blue!!! The place is swarming with security forces, Mr Sarkosy must be a Very Important Person! Unfortunately he won't have time to pop in here for a cup of English tea... shame I've got some biccies in aswell! Oh well I'll just have to eat them myself! Anyway, I've made a card, obviously for Carla as she's not coming today...

I've used a Penny Black slapstick stamp, coloured with Promarkers. The papers are Basic Grey 'Sugared'. My flowers are from Wild Orchid Challenge, and the pearls are from Quixotic. I'm entering my card for a few challenges, Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Debby's lovely sketch, Wild Orchid Crafts - Pastels, ABC Challenge - Flowers and Sweet Stampin' - Ribbons.

Well, hope Mr Sarkosy has an interesting visit today, maybe it'll raise his awareness about the rural communities? Let's hope so!

13 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh your card is absolutely divine Sweetie ! Love the colour scheme and the image too ! Beautiful flowers as well ! Embrasse Nico pour moi !!! Lots of hugs and love from Catherine

Lindsey said...

Good Moaning, now GET DOWN ON THE FLOOR WITH YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM! GO! GO! GO! (Allo Allo meets NYPD Blue! Love it!) You hazel nutter! I'm sure Carla will LOVE this card! The colours and image are beautiful!
Well it all sounds very exciting, enjoy your cup of English Tea (never tastes the same abroad though!) and have a bisquit for me!
Linds x

NGCARDS said...

Such a gorgeous card hun! Thanks for joining us at PBSC xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous, adorable card.
luv
Debby

susan said...

Beautiful! This is gorgeous! I love the image and the rose is so pretty.
Mr. Sarkosy does not know what he is missing. English tea, biccies and a chance to see your fabulous card, it's all too good to pass up! At least we all got the chance to see your card! Hehehe!
Stay WARM!

joey said...

Shelly this rocks it is an amazing card love what you have done with the sketch! thanks for joining us at pbsc. Joey.xx

Lau W said...

Lol ! Je suis certaine que le président et sa dame auraient aimé discuter "carterie" plutôt que "politique"....disons que moi je préfère 1000 fois le scrap que la politique hihii ! Je suis donc tentée par le thé etc... :-)
C'est une très belle carte avec des couleurs que j'apprécie beaucoup !
Gros bisous !

kath said...

wow shelly gorgeous gorgeous...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Rebekah said...

Stunning card Shelly, I'm sure Carla would have loved it and if Nick doesn't want your biccies its his loss lol! Hugs Rebekah xx

Tracy said...

beautiful card Shelly the papers are gorgeous as is the image. save some of those biccies for me lol. have a great weekend hugs Tracy x

Faye said...

Well if it's copters, english tea and biscuits, count me in! I'll be there in five! What an adorable card, it is so pretty and I really love the image. Have a lovely weekend my darlin'. BTW, your Allo Allo thing made me roar!!
xxx

Donna said...

This is such a pretty card Shelly, the colours are so beautiful together and your colouring is amazing...beautiful flowers you have added too :) Donna x

Distressed Miss said...

Gorgeous card. I love the flowers.
Thanks for joining us at ABC.
Hugs
Clare
x