Monday, July 12, 2010

Cupcake Craft Challenge #99 Acetate & An Announcement

Another Monday, another challenge for you over at Cupcake Craft Challenge. Firstly, I'd just like to thank everyone who too part in my 'World Cup Wonders' challenge last week, I had a hard time choosing my Top 5 from the super entries! Cogratulations also to Spain for winning The World Cup 2010, well deserved! Ok now for the challenge...this week the lovely Victoria has chosen the challenge and she'd like to see you using acetate in your creations! I have to admit this was a real challenge for me, I ventured a little out of my comfort zone and made an aperture card. I used my round Nesties to cut out the aperture, cos I ain't got that steady a hand! I've put little gold pearl beads in the 'window', kinda like the beads on this little girl's necklace! The stamp is from Lili of the Valley... I'm really loving these stamps! I've coloured her with Promarkers. All the flat backed pearls are from Quixotic, love these too, and the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The little sentiment is one from my blogging friend Lyndsey Marie, one of her super designs.
We have a super prize this week for one lucky winner, our sponsor Paper Jewels is offering a $15 gift certificate, how great is that! Don't forget we'll also be picking a Top 5 too!

We also have an announcement to make concerning the Cupcake Craft Challenge, sadly Donna who currently runs the blog is unable to continue the management of the blog due to personal circumstances, so we are looking for a new owner to take over the running of the Challenge blog. Donna has done the most fabulous job running it all, and she will be a HUGE miss to us all! Personally, I'd just like to thank Donna for all her commitment and for asking me to be part of the Cupcake Design Team, I've loved being involved with such a talented group of girls!

I'm entering my card into the following challenges...
Wild Orchid Challenge 1st Week - Say it with Flowers
Totally Papercrafts - Swirls & Pearls
By The Cute & Girly - Warm Summer Days (I've gone for the colours and flowers)

15 comments:

{Jane} said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Sue said...

Hi Shelly
aww gorgeous card, lovely image,pretty design & embelies,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Catherine said...

I love your shaker card Shelly ! It's such a great idea ! And the image is the cuttest ever ! Love it ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Irena said...

Very beautiful card, lovely colors.

Vixx handmade cards said...

Shelly, this card is fabulous!!, love the image and your layout is gorgeous, love the pearls too.
I am sooo glad Spain won too!!, take care hun, love Vicky xx

Tracy said...

such a pretty card Shelly and such a great idea, i love shaker cards. Tracy x

Lena Katrine said...

Beautiful card with lovely colours, and georgeous flowersembellies!
Thanks for joining our first challenge at WOC - good luck!

Hugs, Lena

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable Shelly and what fab colours.
luv
Debby

Tracey said...

This is so pretty Shelly, love the little beads in the shaker :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Twin-Katis-PaperScrapworld said...

very very sweet!

hugs kati

Donna said...

Awww bless you Shelly...thank you, thank you, thank you for what you have written, I have loved being with you on the Cupcake DT and you are an inspiration to us all...your cards are amazing and so are you :)

I absolutely love this card, it's so pretty and I love how you have used the little gold beads in the aperture and around the circle...brilliant idea and a stunning finished effect :) Donna x

cindy said...

WOW! Fabulous card.

Louby said...

Hi Shelly, wow nice to see you've still been busy. All beautiful cards too, I just haven't got the energy at the mo....but have now finished work until September so need to pull my finger out. Thanks for the lovely comment you left. Will pop by again soon.
Take care
Louby x

Faye said...

This is the most adorable card, I love the colours, I 'need' that stamp and love the bling! Have a fab weekend. x

Hannapanna said...

This is gorgeous. Love the colours and the cute image. Thanks for joining us over at By the Cute and Girly this month and good luck. Hugs Hanna